Great carp bait recipes? I need some thanks.

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by whiskerchaser, Jul 22, 2006.

1. whiskerchaser

whiskerchaser Member

State:
    New Mexico
    Ok guys im gonna do some carp fishing this weekend and wanted some recipes that really work great and catch big carp. Please tell me all of your recipes thank you i need some.

2. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    1 pint boiling water 1tbs sugar 1 tbs vanilla 1/2 package strawberry jello 2 cups corn meal 1 cup flour. mix it all up, let it set till cool. form a ball on a treble hook, catch big carp.

3. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    one big can quick oats,1 can cream corn,what ever flavor u want.

make a good pace bait,just dont put to mutch cream corn in it or it wont break up.

btw put a corn,suger pop,suger smack,on the hook then pack the bait around it.:0a26:

4. Nermal

Nermal New Member

That sound like a good one, I will have to try it myself.

Thanks

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

this is like the one I make but I add 2-3 tablespoons of anise seed to the water before I boil it.

6. catter5000

catter5000 New Member

State:
    TULSA,OK
    I've tried all kinds of receipes for carp over the last 40 years and I always come back to my old stand-by,WHEATIES AND STRAWBERRY SODA.Its easy to find in stores,its easy to mix up,even I can pour pop over wheaties.The best thing about it is it stays on the hook good and it catches CARP.
    I went out last night and caught about a dozen,all around 7lbs.

7. noeran

noeran New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Boil large bottle of ketchup with one tea spoon of water, add a large box of instant rice, stir and take off heat, let set for about an hour and you are ready to go. This bait will soak off, so make sure you have a sugar pop on the hook.

8. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Start by putting water on to boil,next chop up half an onion, add to boiling water. Remove pan from stove and add self raising yellow corn meal .mix well till thickens. pour mixture onto newspaper,wrap it all up and place in a paper bag. reason why we place this dough ball in newspaper and a paper sack is because they draw out the excess moisture. We fish this only in the rivers around here,we free line this bait.Good Luck

9. FWFeecherman

FWFeecherman New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I buy a cheap loaf of bread, the cheapest small jar of peanut butter, some anise oil or vanilla extract, and a little bit of water. Mix it all together to get a consistency of soft clay. Be sparse with the water at first. Just add enough to get the mixture to a doughy state. This is what I have used forever and it never lets me down. If you are having trouble keeping it on the hook sometimes you can add a little bit of cotton mixed in. Tight Lines and creamin Clikcers to Ya!!!

10. noeran

noeran New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Is using soak off bait better than dough bait?

11. catfishinfool

catfishinfool New Member

State:
    Visalia, California
    I use the same bait for Carp that I use for Catfish. Shrimp soaked in chicken-liver blood and garlic powder. Works great for Me!

12. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Strawberry jello and cream of wheat...put some water in a pan dump your jello in and dump some cream of wheat in, stir until it forms a ball..Then take it off the heat, and let it sit....carp love it

13. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Catter from Broken Arrow is right on the money -- a box of wheaties and a bottle of strawberry soda pop to make dough balls!!

Maybe it's an Okie thang! I am about 30 minutes east of him and I have been using this since I was a kid. Not that I haven't tried other things and been successful with other baits. But when push comes to shove you can't be outfished with the wheaties and strawberry soda doughball.

They only discussion in my book is what brand of soda! I prefer Crush cause I like to drink what is left over. Heck I have even poured some over a bowl of wheaties just to see what I might be missing!

Best to Ya

Larry

14. kaleigh

kaleigh New Member

State:
    Lehigh Valley Pa
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,did you guys ever catch any cats with this bait?

15. kenkinser

kenkinser New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Hey thanks for the ideas