Great Big Thank You to Gator

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SSG Johnson, Jun 1, 2006.

1. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    Got my fly rod today and let me tell you I was really impressed with the work that he put into it. Thanks for putting your best into it. I think I will put it on the wall. It more than a fly rod now it is a work of art that should be preserved for all to enjoy. Thanks again you are a great friend and wonderful person. If you ever need anything dont hesitate to ask my brother.

2. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Chuck it was a honor to work on a fly rod like that one. Thank you for trusting me with it.

3. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    No problem brother showed it off at the DZ today and a guy offered me $700.00 for it but I said sorry its not for sale. I wanted to sell it for that but it has history now since a friend did the work for me.

4. SSG Johnson

SSG Johnson New Member

State:
    Saint Robert Missouri
    We did a hop and Pop at 10500 ft. which is you jump and dump the pilot chute right away and open your canopy. We did it so we could fly through the clouds that where billowing up from about 5000 ft. It was partly cloudy but these clouds where huge. It was awsome I thought that a cloud would be like being in fog but it wasnt when we got into the cloud the Temp dropped about 15 degrees colder and you couldnt see anything. The turbulance inside the cloud was a little scary to say the least but I turned around and went right back in to do it again. Then we swooped the outside of the cloud man I wish everyone could have been there with me it was incredable.