Great bait for catfishing!

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by ASCRAPPER4LIFE, Aug 10, 2009.

1. ASCRAPPER4LIFE

ASCRAPPER4LIFE New Member

State:
    TENNESSEE
    i went catfishing and i took nightcrawlers and chicken liver.i had very little luck with the nightcrawlers and pretty good luck with the chicken liver for a while.then they just kinda quit biting.so the next night i went and got some catfish chicken liver bait pellets and took them home and got some cooking oil and put it in a bowl and mixed garlic,onion,and growned up sardines up in the cooking oil.then i put the chicken liver bait pellets in the mixture and let in soak for about 30 to 45 minutes.then took them out and put them in a ziplock bag with just a little bit of the mixture.when i got to the river i took a pair of womens pantyhoes and cut about 1 inch off the end of it and then put two of the bait pellets in the the peace of pantyhoes and tied my hook on my line,droped my hook into the peace of pantyhoes with the bait and tied it onto the hook.put my sinkers on and casted out and i caught my first fish within about 15 minutes.it was a 23 pound blue cat.after that i caught a whole cooler full within 4 hours.thanks and i hope this helps some of yall if yall have any tips for me please let me know

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Welcome to the BOC Colton. Seems like you hit on a good bait. WTG

3. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That sounds like a pretty good recipe for that commercial bait stuff.. thanks for sharing!:wink:

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Colton Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. Thanks for sharing your bait info. Sounds like it worked well for you.:0a18::0a25::0a25:

5. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Welcome to the BOC Colton and we will have to find time to make your bait and hit the water just PM when ready:smile2:

6. Jedicazador

Jedicazador New Member

State:
    TN
    Cool, I got some of that berkley blood bait that got all dried up and crumbles when put on the hook, I dont have to throw em out! Thanks again

7. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Colton welcome to the B.O.C. and thanks for the info might have to try that sometime :cool2:

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Colton.

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the BOC, this site is full of good info and great people

10. snakeman76

snakeman76 New Member