Great alarm tip

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sairving, Jul 18, 2006.

1. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Whenever you go to bed at night keep your keys on your night stand if you have an alarm on your car. If you hear something or someone, push the button that sounds your car alarm. It will startle the intruder. This should work about anywhere in the house. Cheaper than paying an alarm company.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Thats a really good idea,thanks for sharing!

3. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

two big dogs 4 pistols 3 shot guns 7 rifles and a airhorn work well for me

4. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Two cats, airhorn, three battle axes, 5 swords, about 25 daggers (not knives). Well enough protected if they don't have a gun, and maybe even if they do. Not much open area in this house. I do have a car alarm, but the range isn't enough.

5. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Good idea, but if you cant get the alarm to go off hold it up to your chin and try it again. Holding it up to your chin uses your body height as a antenna so it strengthens your signal to reach longer distances.

6. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Excellent point about holding to chin.

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    One great idea thanks for sharing it. Hadn't even though of doing that.

8. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Two good tips, car alarm and chin. That is good for my wife when I'm not home. We've had some problems with stealing etc in past year. Scared to leave my house for a few days fear house/shop will be broken into.
    I made reports on it.
    I told shreiff, I'm wanting to catch em, not run em off. LOL. Dont do good to run em off, they come back. LOL. Bought me 2 rolls of duck tape and wire ties to hold em till police get to my house. LOL. Really I aint able to roll on ground with anyone. I hope I just get a good look and turn em in. Wish I had a stun gun.
    Watch em wet their pants when hit with it. :tounge_out:

9. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    havent you ever hunted before you dont want to startle them you cant get a clean shot.

10. Georgiajack

Georgiajack New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good idea. Deer cams set up in the right places might give you a picture of what you ran off. If the come back, and you have trees, just make you some short clothes lines, do this just at dark so if the offenders are close by watching, they won't see you. If they run into these, they might be easy to find, and identify. It will make you yard a very undesirable place to run around at night. Thanks for the post. Jack.

11. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    sairving doesn't need an alarm either, she has me....lol and I'm a big bad dog that has more bite than bark. :big_smile: