Gray Wolves leave list

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, Jan 26, 2007.

Gray WOLVES

1. yes

2. no

3. care less

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Federal officialsare expected to announce Monday ,final plans to remove the Gray Wolf from protection in the great lakes Region.They have been prtected since late 1800. what is your opinion on this. Yes they should .No they shouldn't or could care less.Just curious.

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i feel all wolves should be viewed as game animals hunt them in numbers that will keep them in check but not like they were at the turn of the century good poll too MR R

3. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    to kill something that looks to much like a dog,unless it had me cornered that would be a different story!:big_smile:

4. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Depends on what the population is like. If the numbers need to controled, I would say that's fine.

5. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I love to hunt and always have, but i don't consider myself a trophy hunter. I love being in the woods, and refuse to shoot any animal that I'm not going to eat, to me it is a waste to kill an animal for the hide or head. Please don't misunderstand me i have no quarrell, with trophy hunters, its just that some critters id rather shoot with a camera. My Grandfather taught me to hunt and trap when i was a youg boy, and his values became mine, pickled opposum aint bad when your hungry.

6. tfabry

tfabry New Member

State:
    Fremont, Wisconsin
    last nights news just north of green bay, wi- some horses were attacked by wolves. The herd has grown in large number due to the milder winters. They are a good thing in the sense that they help control the deer herd too. This year approx 750k deer were taken from Wisconsin woods. That didnt make a dent in the over all herd population. there are always new dead deer from car accidents around here.

7. Katmandeux

Katmandeux New Member

State:
    Checotah, Oklahoma
    It really depends on what the states decide to do.

Removing Federal protection doesn't automatically mean open season on wolves.

I don't know that much about wolves, but if coyotes are any indicator, moderate hunting pressure won't hurt them.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    It said that each state involved would be required to carry no less than100 wolves ,including 10 breeding pairs, or the animal would once again go on the protected list. We'll see. May be too late by then.

9. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    There is a very good article in Outdoor Life this month on the wolf issue. The numbers have surpassed all expectations and are causing damage to ranchers and affecting deer and elk populations. I think hunting should be allowed.

10. tinlizzy

tinlizzy New Member

State:
    New York
    I agree with you.

11. plumbertom1

plumbertom1 Well-Known Member

State:
    Eugene, Or.
    I think that about sums up my attitude also.
    I do think hunting to control predation is a good method of conservation.
    It instills a healthy fear of man into predators and helps keep them wary of what they might otherwise view as prey.