Grassy Bottom Lakes

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by wvcatfisherman, Jul 6, 2009.

1. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    You guys have any tips on how to fish lakes with a bunch of grass on the bottom and around the edges? I usually fish close to the edge because the flats usually stroll the edges and snatch up the bluegills. But I can't fish the bottom very well because of the grassy lake bed. I just use a bobber.

2. Hunt4lyf

Hunt4lyf New Member

State:
    Colorado
    What about using a big water bubble? Casts good but once in the water it isn't alot of weight like a chunk of lead, whenever I use them for other types of fishing they don't seem to snag as many weeds since it doesn't feel like it's sinking into the water as much.

3. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    dont use any weight at all,just hook and bait.Or i dont see a problem with you fishing it with your bobber.

4. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    The slip bobber with a bobber stop set at the depth you want to keep you bait at works well, or maybe a three way rig with the bait leader about 1-2 feet above the sinker leader, this has worked very well for me in grass.

5. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I either use a slipfloat or thread a 3/4 inch styro ball on the leader if I want to fish up from the bottom.