Grass Frogs (leopard frogs or stripees)for Cats

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by orion_xxvx, Mar 14, 2008.

1. orion_xxvx

orion_xxvx New Member

State:
    North Central Missouri
    I have a hard time finding and even harder time catching them ....but when possible i use these tasty frogs for bait and almost always get stikes within 10 minutes of throwing them in. Any body else use them?

2. CATFISHERMAN001

CATFISHERMAN001 New Member

State:
    ALABAMA
    I have used bullfrogs in the past and have always caught something.

3. BigCatter54

BigCatter54 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    They are great on limb lines, though i find toads to be the most liely as they continuously try to get back to shore, bulfrogs, greens, and frog that lives in the water tend to just float on the top if they get tired, but they always produce.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    leaopard frogs are an awesome bait. i hook them through the nose and weight them down with a 1 ounce weight. they will usually sit there when they first hit bottom, but after a couple minutes start to really struggle. i have caught some nice channel cats on them.

5. 45CATFISH

45CATFISH New Member

State:
    HENDERSON,LOUISIANA
    WHAT ABOUT THE LITTLE GREEN TREE FROGS?I HAVE PLENTY OF THEM.

6. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    They are one of my favorite baits. If you can find them at night shine a light on them and they wont jump near as much.I usually fish them in shallow water, right off of the bank.One reason I like them so much is that they are hard to get off of the hook so you can ususally catch 2 or 3 cats off of one frog.

7. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Like Kile said go at night with a flash light. The best ponds are the ones with no fish in them New pounds about half full. Look up on the banks from the water edge to just below the grass line. If it rains and the ground is wet you just as well stay at home they will all be out in the grass. I use them fore channels . I believe they are one of the best baits going, in the fall of the year.

8. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Ahhh memories !!! when I was working on my "Fishing" merit badge for the Boy Scouts me and a buddy got up just before daybreak and went down the the creek. Caught some little bitty toads that had just lost thier tadpole tails, about 1/2 inch long. We caught some big bluegills with them, cleaned the gills, fried them up in a little butter and fed them to the troop leader for breakfast...
    Damn, what was that, bout 100 years ago??? Thanks for reminding me !!! :big_smile:

9. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    like everyone else said they work. when the fish arent biting ill roam the banks for them because i know they will get eaten.:wink: