Grapling Story

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by dcaruthers, Jul 12, 2006.

1. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
  2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    One has to admire the fellows that do that. Me...? I'm gutless..:lol:

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    I hear ya...but I would like to try it at least once. I would like to have some battle scars to show off at a BOC gathering :))

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    The pics are great. That is just not my cup of tea. I have a hard enough time on land with power tools trying to keep all my fingers. I sure dont want to stick it around a possible snapper. :eek:oooh:

5. bd76

bd76 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Me and my brother have tried it a few times, although its illegal here in Texas, but we have never caught any . Had one bolt out of a hole at me but I was a little to scared to really try and get it.

6. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    if anybody is doin it at the gathering would you mind if i came along just to see how its done? lol i've always wanted to do it but nobody around here will ever even consider it....

7. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    same here...just can't see sticking my hand where it don't belong....lol

8. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I'd be afraid I'd pull my arm out and be missing some fingers or part of my arm...

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    My uncle used to do it when i was a kid. He just waded the creeks reaching under rootbawls and under cut banks. We never knew what he was going to throw n he bank, catfish , turtle or snake.

10. brian89

brian89 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    thats a great article , if you noodle boxes or barrels like those guys are that is easy, not many snappin turtles want to get into a deep hole where they cant come up for air.. they gotta breathe too u know.. every turtle i have run into are in the holes head first.. you hit their feet with your hands, kinda spooky.. but i use that fishing pole to feel for fish, and that thing helps me out alot..ITS FUN!!, its not that scary

11. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Thats a very well written article, but you still won't find me trying it.

12. Jackfish

Jackfish New Member

State:
    Ohio
    geez, that would not be the way I would chase the cats

13. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Most stories i read of grappling ends in release and it seems really interesting. Is there room for a grappling forum for those of us that are brave enough to read about it..lol?

14. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Me and my buddy John go to salt creek and there are some really nice flats. Reaching under root balls and downed trees and etc. Never really had anything i didn't want to grab hold of me. Its fun we tried are hand at gar there just too quick. Catfish are easier. Best way to do it is when you have a case of naddy in you

15. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    I read the story just the other day but don't think it is something I would care to try and do

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I like the story until the end and I liked the pics problem is I like my hands and fingers also.