Grant County Area

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by SWeiss, Aug 26, 2009.

1. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I will be doing some work down in Grant County in the next few weeks around Sheridan.

Are there any good local places to fish there?

2. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    when and for how long you going to be down , i live in grapevine near sheridan .

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Probably next week, possibly for a week or two. I have to confirm that, but I will be there for some amount of time.

4. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    let me know maybe we can hook up

5. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Will do. Thanks!

6. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Steve Puppypal and I live in Sheridan and will be glad to hook you up on a few holes we know of, do you like to river fish (DAM) Lake fishing or what?

7. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Steve..

Tall and Ray both live around that area and CNTRYBOY doesn't live that far off either and I know anyone or all of them will be glad to take ya out to the Arkansas River or to any one of the local lakes there.

They are all really good people and love to fish. You will enjoy your time spent fishing with any one of them.

Good luck.

8. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Steve,

Be glad to show you a spot or two! Give me a hollar when you get here - (501) 315-0178. Usually my wife(Angelkitty) aswerers the phone so just give me a hollar. I am not far from Sheridan and drive as a Substitute Bus Driver for the School!

9. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    LOl I agree with hubby and Kevin. We love to fish and are always on one bank or the other every weekend. Come rain, snow sleet or sun.........
    Addicted to fishing? YEP! You bet ya!:wink:

10. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Wow, you guys are great!

I am still not sure when I will be there, or if I will be there over the next weekend. If it works out that I have a day or two off down there, I will give you guys a call.

Thanks alot!

11. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I will be down in Sheridan from tomorrow evening (2nd) until the morning of Sunday the 13th .

Looks like Saturdays (days) are out. The contractor I am overseeing is planning on working on Saturdays and I have to be there.

12. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    ray and i fish all weekend every weekend somewhere......
    i will PM U our numbers

13. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks Glenda. I will have my own rod and reel and tackle. All I will need is bait and maybe some larger sinkers. I guess I ought to look into a license too!

14. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas

Yes license would be a good idea the AGF can be a little costly if they catch you. we maybe out of town this weekend for the holiday but can still give you the derections to the river or lake. If your still in town the following weekend we will meet up with you and go fishing. dont know for sure yet but PM me or Glenda and we will fix you up on where, when and how,bait and weight. WELCOME TO SHERIDAN,AR:smile2:

15. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks! I will be staying in Pine Bluff at the Holiday Inn Express. I have a GPS so I am good.

Your licenses are cheap, I could buy it online but they mail them to you and I won't be here! A resident license in PA with a trout stamp is $31, and a "plane jane" 7-day non-resident license is $33! Freaking ridiculous, but we can print ours out.

16. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas

You want to give Tallmanrus a shout because he fishes the Pinebluff area all the time and nows it better than anyone and can tell you where the bait stores are I fish that area some with Tall... Still would like to hook up with you and enjoy a day of fishing before you leave town.:smile2::cool2:

17. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Thanks Ray, likewise, would love to fish with you guys! When my @#$%^ fishing rod gets here!

So I check in at Harrisburg, PA. I have 2 items to check. My suitcase, packed to the brim with 12 days worth of clothes, toiletries, and tackle, and my Whuppin' Stick which is in a 2" x 48" hard rod holder.

The checked bag fee is $20 for the first bag, AND $30 FOR THE SECOND (my rod tube)!!! It's gonna end up costing me $60 just to travel with a fishing rod! A fishing rod that only cost me $35!!!!

For crying out loud if I knew this I would have either FedEx'd the thing or bought a rod down here and gave it away to one of you guys when I left!

THEN, I get to Little Rock and my fishing rod is still in Charlotte, NC. They said it was coming in on a later flight and will be delivered to my hotel tomorrow (Thursday).

I was so PO'd that the baggage guy threatened to call TSA/ cops on me! LOL

USAirways blows chunks! :angry:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  18. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Man- for the price of shipping that pole we could have found you a rig to use! Always got a extra somewhere for a brother to use. If I am in Pine Bluff then I will come by the hotel and see if i can catch ya. Just give me a hollar here at home (501) 315-0178 and we can see what we can do. I am on unemployment so anytime would be fine.

19. raysplay

raysplay New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Man I whish I would have known you were going to have that kinda problems, like countryboy said we would have fixed you up with a loaner Puppypal and I are not short on rod and reels I think last count 25 to 30 from wal-mart cheap to pin reels-meat hunters 14' but a little to late, whats done is done.
    We have a little bad weather coming in this weekend Sat,Sun,Mon. 50to60% chance rain going to put a damper on the weekend plains rain dont stop me from fishing but was plaining on camping this weekend and giving you a shout and see if you wanted to come down on that sunday and fish for the day, not to far from Pine Bluff. as for now kinda watching the weather channel and see whats going to happen.:confused2:
    P.M. Puppypal this afternoon and exchange sell # so we can contact you. Hope the rest of your stay in AR. is problem free.:smile2:

20. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Fishing rod still not here. Below is the E-Mail I sent to USAirways Customer "Service"

I checked a "2nd bag" which was a fishing rod holder/tube 48" long and less than 3" in diameter. Needless to say it never made it. I reported it at LIT and filed a report. The fellow who took my report told me it would be on the next flight to LIT from CLT and would be delivered on the morning of 9/3 to my hotel. It is now 5:57PM CDT, and it is still not here. I called your baggage service and they told me that someone in CLT is "looking for it". In other words it's gone, probably stolen by one of the monkeys working for TSA. So this is my dilemma. I paid $30 to check a bag that USAir was supposed to deliver, with me, to LIT. This never happened. I believe, that either a $30 refund or some other compensation is in order. This does NOT include the value of the fishing rod and case if it never shows up. Which I will address separately if necessary. So, please get back to me and advise me how you would like to handle this situation.

Thanks!