Granite Reef Dam?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by jaytee, May 31, 2007.

1. jaytee

jaytee New Member

State:
    arizona
    Howdee, heard mention of Granite Reef Dam here recently. Seems to be accessed from Power Rd, is it a designated rec area? Any folks with feedback please reply, considering to give it a shot. Oh yha, went out to Bartlett Flats this past Thurs. just east of the vehicle restricted area. From the bank I scored a LMB just shy of five pounds. It took a 1/0 with an anchovie-ka-bob equipped with a 3 oz. sinker off the bottom around midnight. That was the only action. Thanks, J.T.

2. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yea off power rd. is the way in.It can be a good spot at times.Walk down as far as you can go towards the dam,and try waterdogs for cats and bass!There is a good amount of trout as well.In the old days we would fish on the res. side and catch some big fish.A small boat is great up there now.Anyway,good luck.

3. Kevin N

Kevin N Member

State:
    Georga
    Name:
    Kevin
    i have fish there you need to go in to park by sundown or park on the road it is right where power rd turns to go up the river I have fished right in the day use area caught a huge carp there and some good cats i am fairly new to cats and do not realy know the difernce from a chanel,flathead one cat look like another to me so far watch for the turtles there i pulled in two snapping turtles there about the size of a big dinner plate fish and game said they are in there and if you get one it is to be killed they are hurting all the other fishing and do not belong in the water ways picture is 18 lb carp from the reef

Attached Files:

4. Brokenlines

Brokenlines New Member

State:
    Arizona
    The last time I fished Granite Reef Rec Area was about 2 years ago. Didn't do well at all that night. Monsoon season, some new dip bait but no catfish. Since it's been awhile, I'm itching to get out and try again, a little more earnestly this time around.

5. az cat hunter

az cat hunter New Member

State:
    AZ
    Yep,stick with what you know catches fish,then when your catching,then change baits!!