Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first grandchild is due in 17 days. Her name will be Kennedie Raye, I'm excited. She is what I need in my life right now.
My daughter keeps asking me what i want to be called. Papaw, Poppy, grandpa. What do ya'll think? I told her Grand pappy Owens as a joke. (Inside joke.) But in all reality I don't really care. I have been told that I'm too young to be called them names, but I don't think so. I am her grand daddy. She can call me whatever she wants too.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Congrats, it wont be long untill she wraps you around her finger.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Congrads on the new almost here arrival...I hate to tell it but I just call myself Cher to them "Tell Cher all about it honey" ...somehow granny and grandma and all that don't quite fit me LOL, but they'll come up with something on their own...

My oldest son called my mother "deedaw" because he could NOT say grandma. Stuck with her to this day too.

·
Registered
13,057 Posts
Granpappy gargoil maybe? :smile2:

Yep, you'll be her grandaddy, so what's wrong with that? That's what I called both of mine, Grandaddy.

Don't forget the pics for all of us aunts and uncles around here when she comes along please.

·
Registered
10,792 Posts
Congrats there Granpa Mark. I'm only 46 and this has been fun for the past 2 years,You'll grow into it ,Mine are just beginning to talk.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone. I won't get to spoil her too much cause they live in Florida. I get two weeks a year for vacation. I'll probably take a couple long weekends and fly down there.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.