Grandpa soon

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by gargoil77, Apr 20, 2008.

1. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    My first grandchild is due in 17 days. Her name will be Kennedie Raye, I'm excited. She is what I need in my life right now.
    My daughter keeps asking me what i want to be called. Papaw, Poppy, grandpa. What do ya'll think? I told her Grand pappy Owens as a joke. (Inside joke.) But in all reality I don't really care. I have been told that I'm too young to be called them names, but I don't think so. I am her grand daddy. She can call me whatever she wants too.

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Congrats Grandpa! Now we know who is going to do all the spoiling of the child. Hey! I wouldn't have it any other way. My 2 boys are spoiled too. Of course there grandparents do most of that!!:wink:

3. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    Congrats, it wont be long untill she wraps you around her finger.

4. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    Congrats on becoming a grandpa.Hopefully I still have 10-15 years

5. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Congrads on the new almost here arrival...I hate to tell it but I just call myself Cher to them "Tell Cher all about it honey" ...somehow granny and grandma and all that don't quite fit me LOL, but they'll come up with something on their own...

My oldest son called my mother "deedaw" because he could NOT say grandma. Stuck with her to this day too.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Granpappy gargoil maybe? :smile2:

Yep, you'll be her grandaddy, so what's wrong with that? That's what I called both of mine, Grandaddy.

Don't forget the pics for all of us aunts and uncles around here when she comes along please.

7. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Congrats on becoming a new grandpa .

8. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats Mark on becoming PAP-PAW, I have a 18 month granddaughter her name is Eden Lynn , Aint nothin like it She will melt your heart , By the way she calls me Pap-Paw :wink:

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    me too come the first week in august. his name will be ronny. :big_smile: :cool2:

10. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Congrats there Granpa Mark. I'm only 46 and this has been fun for the past 2 years,You'll grow into it ,Mine are just beginning to talk.

11. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    CONGRADS on the granddaughter PAW PA. Don't worry she'll come up with her own cute little name in due time.

12. firechief4201

firechief4201 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, Kentucky
    Congrats,:smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. gargoil77

gargoil77 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, Indiana
    Thanks everyone. I won't get to spoil her too much cause they live in Florida. I get two weeks a year for vacation. I'll probably take a couple long weekends and fly down there.