Grandkids fishing on Keystone Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by alabamaokie, Apr 17, 2008.

1. alabamaokie

alabamaokie New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I am taking my grandkids fishing and camping on Keystone this weekend. I wanted to take them catfishing, most likely from the bank. Does anyone have any suggestions where to go, what bait and what technique to use. I know the lake level is very high and have no idea on where to go. I would really appreciate the help. I know the kids will really appreciate it as well.
    Thanks,
    Rick

2. Flathead Girl

Flathead Girl New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    The Department of Wildlife gives a fishing report every week. Some people do a good job of reporting and some don't. Try this out, though. Give the Corps of Engineers office a call before and have them give you a report. The number for Keystone is 918-865-2621.
    http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/fishne.htm#Keystone:

3. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc, I have never fished that lake before, but some good baits if I was you I would take for the kids to use would be night crawlers, chicken livers, and you can catch some small blue gills to and use them for bait. Hope this helps ya some.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i would go below the dam on the south side. if you have a throw net you should be able to get shad at the end of the stem wall. if you cant get shad there the turbine side"noth side" is a sure bet for a net full of shad. i would fish with a weighted casting bobber . 5/0 to 7/0 khayle hooks with shad heads. the water is running so try to cast to an eddy that will move your float back toward the dam. if you can't make it over to the dam try fishing somewhere on the arkansas river arm of the lake. i know you said you wanted catfish but a minnow under a cork below the dam could produce crappie , sandbass catfish or strippers right now. hope this helps.