Grand River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by DAREWOOD11, Jun 7, 2007.

1. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    I AM GOIN ON A FISHING TRIP NEXT WEEKEND IN MISSOURI FOR FLATHEADS...I THINK WERE GONA FISH THE GRAND RIVER NEAR BRUNSWICK NEAR THE MISSOURI...I AM JUST WONDERIN IF ANYONE HAS BEEN FISHING THE GRAND LATELY OR THE MISSOURI NEAR THERE AND IF THEY CAN GIVE ME TIPS ON PLACES TO TRY OR BAITS...THANKS

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Andy.. I normally fish that area a lot. but with all the high water I haven't been down there for a while. Their are lots of nice places to fish fore flats in the grand. and with the high water you should be able to go up the Grand fore miles. The water will be dead at Brunswick so you will need to go up river. The Rail Road bridge normally has a big drift just above it. I have had good luck their at times. If you have any more questions just pm me and I will try and answer any questions you have. Watch out fore all the flying carp. I haven't had much luck finding shad on the Grand , I normally go to the Missouri to get them. .....Rusty.....

3. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    THANKS FOR THE INFO RUSTY...I WAS ALSO THINKIN ABOUT FISHING UP RIVER AT BOSWORTH...WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS ON THAT?

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I was @ Bosworth today. fished for 6 hours. Used shad, creek chubs,bluegill. and night crawlers. Finally caught 4 small channels. they weren't biting at all. not even the little ones. I probably had 10 bits in the 6 hours. The River is still up about 3 feet. starting to clear. I believe they are on the nest big time. I fished up river from the ramp about 3 miles. Fished water depth anywhere from 30' down to 5 '. nothing. I hope you have better luck then I did. Good luck ... Rusty

5. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    How did the fishing trip go last weekend? I hadn't seen a report so I thought I would ask.

6. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    SORRY BOUT THAT...IM GOIN THIS FRIDAY NIGHT...ILL LET YOU KNOW MONDAY HOW IT WENT...

7. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    HEY RUSTY...THE TRIP WAS KINDA DISAPOINTING...WE CAUGHT 36 FISH BUT NO BIG ONES...BIGGEST FLATHEAD WAS 10 POUNDS AND BIGGEST FISH WAS A 12 POUND BLUE...HOPEFULLY NEXT TIME WILL E BETTER...THANKS FOR THE ADVICE THOUGH

8. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sounds like you did pretty well. Were you fishing the Missouri. I have never caught a very big blue on the Grand. 2-3 pounds. what were you using for bait? what type of structure were you fishing. I know I ask a lot of Questions but I hope I never stop learning that part of the river. Thanks for the info.

9. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    NO WE WERE JUST FISHING THE GRAND...WE FISHED FROM BOSWORTH ACCESS AND ABOUT MILE AND A HALF DOWNSTREAM...CAUGHT ALL THE FISH ON BLUEGIL AND BULLHEADS...I SEEN A DEAD BLUECAT FLOATING DOWN RIVER AND THAT SUCKER HAD TO OF WEIGHED ATLEAST 20 PROLY MORE LIKE 25! WE MOSTLY FISHED LITTLE HOLES OFF THE EDGE WITH LOTS OF TREE BRANCHES AND LOGS FOR COVER...CAUGHT A FEW IN THE DEEP 35 FOOT BEND HOLES...

10. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    Sounds like the fish are starting to come of the nest. It has got to get better. We should hook up some time and wet a line.

11. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    YEA THAT WOULD BE COOL...MY BUDDY CAUGHT A 35 POUND FLATTY LAST NIGHT AT A LAKE UP HERE IN SOUTHERN IOWA...IM GOIN TO RED ROCK TO FISH A DAM ON THE DES MOINES TONIGHT SO HOPEFULLY THEY ARE BITING...HAHA...WHERE ARE YOU THINKIN ABOUT FISHING AT?

12. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I am ready to go anywhere they are bitting. Where are you from in Iowa? I live about 30 miles south of the Iowa line.

13. backedde

backedde New Member

State:
    missouri
    were you fishing day or nights . i fished in that area friday night an never had a good run all night. i figured they are still on they nest

14. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    A friend of mine was at Bosworth on June 15th fishing for flatheads with a rod and reel. Caught a pretty nice one using a carp minnow weighed in at 30lbs, his biggest to date on rod and reel.

15. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    HEY BODIE...I SEEN UR FRIEND DOWN THERE...I SEEN HIM WITH HIS 30 POUNDER...IT WAS A NICE FISH...I ONLY FISHED NIGHTS CUZ IT WAS SO HOT THAT WEEKEND...I WAS WITH A GROUP OF PPL WHO WERE DITTY POLIN BUT I HAD THEM DROP ME OFF ON SAND BARS AT NIGHT TO ROD AND REEL FISH...I LIVE IN CENTRAL IOWA RUSTY AND ONLY ABOUT 15 MILES NORTH OF THE MISSOURI BORDER...

16. bodie

bodie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    He told me there was a group of people down there, and I was wandering if you wasn't one of them.

17. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    My Dad and I are going to go down and try the Missouri River tomorrow night 06/26/07 around where the Grand runs in. I hope we do better then the last time we were there.

18. DAREWOOD11

DAREWOOD11 Member

State:
    IOWA
    HEY BODIE...YEA I WAS ONE OF EM...WE CAMPED FROM FRIDAY TIL SUNDAY...I HOPE YOU DO GOOD RUSTY...GOOD LUCK