Grand River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Ballwin Bernie, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Ballwin Bernie

Ballwin Bernie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Has anyone fished the Grand river in Missouri around the Brunswick area? Water depth, current, bait to use? Any info would be helpful. I am trying for late spring 2007. Thanks.

2. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    I fish the Grand from time to time. The Grand is very hard to navigate if you never been there before. Lot of logs and stumps there. What type of boat are you using? To have much luck you need to go up the Grand about a couple of miles to get out of that dead water. In early spring I use shad guts of chubs. Later on I use gills. You have got to use big ones or the gars will drive you nuts. If the water is low you can't get up the river very far. The river gets very shallow in places, but there are a lot of good cats up there if you can find them. If you want to hook up some time and wet a line give me a pm. I am planing on giving the Missouri a try next week if there is enough water in the Grand to get me down to the Missouri. There is normally from 6-10 feet of water from Brunswick down to the Missouri, I haven't been down there for about three weeks so I don't know how low the Grand is. Good luck....

3. Ballwin Bernie

Ballwin Bernie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for the info. I fish out of 16 foot Lowes Big John with a 25 Merc short shaft outboard. Not the fastest, but it gets me there and back. Thanks Rusty. Ballwin Bernie

4. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri
    That is the same boat I use. also same motor. You can get up the Grand if you are very careful. The RR bridge has a big drift just above it You have got to go through it about 20 feet off the west bank. If you have any other questions just give me a holler.