Grand River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Larry Collier, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Anyone fishin the Chouteau Bend area? I used to fish the OG&E discharge north of the 412 bridge and a few spots south but it's been a long time.

Best to Ya

Larry Collier

2. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    Larry,

I fish it every spring for the spoonbill and sandbass run. It's a great place to fish and there's good catfishing in there also. I found out a few years ago that spoonbill makes great cutbait for those blues. Depending on how much water is beling let out of Hudson dicates how often I'll go up there to fish. This year with the drought we had, the snagging was kind of tough and I only made it out there twice. When the water is flowing 15,000 cfs or better is when it gets fun and not so much work for the spoonbill.

3. Larry Collier

Larry Collier New Member

State:
    Wagoner, Oklahoma
    Hiya Chris - sorry about not getting back to this thread - been busier than a cat in a sandbox!

I hit the OG&E discharge for a little while early this morning and picked up a few small sandbass. At the 412 bridge I found a couple of channels around 3lb and hung a legal black bass at the Chouteau Bend boat ramp. Not a bad morning and as the sun got up a little I hit some crappie on brush in deep water down toward Earbob Ferry and at the mouth of Three Finger Bay.

Even though it wasn't tough fishing there were no real concentrations of fish other than at OG&E which almost always holds small sandbass. It feels like the fish are still scattered and haven't moved to the deep structure in any numbers yet. With the cooler weather coming they should start their fall pattern of deeper structure any time.

Best to Ya

Larry