Grand River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by okiecop, Jul 23, 2006.

1. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Has anyone heard how the fishing is in the grand river just below Pesacola dam on grand lake. I am heading down there today to wet a line. thanks ahead of time for your help.

2. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    I haven't been there for a couple weeks, but I was at Bernice last night talking to the park ranger and he told me they had some gates open?

I don't know how the fishing is though, but we might try it Tuesday?

Ken

3. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Ken I tried down below the dam yesterday. Not so much as a nibble even. I tried some perch i had in the freezer both whole and cut. Also some shad that i caught in a cast net down there. I don't think it is worth the trip until they start generating on a regular basis.

4. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    We decided to try there this morning (around 1 - 1:30 am), we tried about 30 min. and didn't even get a bite, so we moved on?

We tried at the park below the dam, at the boat ramp.
    There was one other guy there and he had been there 3 hours or so and hadn't even got a bite.

He was telling me they had the gates open for a little while and closed them.
    He said they would open them for while and close them, open them for a little while and close them?
    He did tell me that there's been quite a few fish caught there the last couple of days.
    I don't know, we didn't get anything?

I don't think it was just there either?

We started out at Bernice, then below the Dam, then to Pensacola, then somewhere outside of Pryor around Hudson Lake and all we ended up with was one small channel and a small drum.

I don't know what was wrong last night/this mourning, but they were not biting at all?

Ken