Grand River

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Colinkem, Sep 15, 2009.

1. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Has anyone fished the grand recently? A buddy has a cabin along the grand and we may head up that way this weekend. Will be greatful for any help.

2. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    north grand by brunswick or south grand by truman?

3. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    north. His land is just north of the bosworth access.

4. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    yeah i have only got to fish up there once this year, but it is know for being a great place to catch flatheads up around there. i usually try to target the log jams during the daytime.:wink:

5. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    thanks for the help. We typically set lines for biggins and rod and reel fish the bank for keepers. Just got a new pole so im looking to get out on the boat and catch a womper.

6. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    pull your boat right up to the log jam....hook on a big'ol perch....drop your line straight down by the log....when you feel your bait hit the bottom reel up a couple of times and hold on....when you see that rod load up dont waste anytime messin around GET THAT SUCKER IN THE BOAT!!!!!!!!:wink:

7. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Keep us posted on how well you guys do down that way?

8. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Turns out that i wont be able to go down there this weekend. baseball interference. My buddies will still be going down and il find out how they do.

9. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    doubt they do much rod and reeling. They will be doing a lot of deer hunting so they will prolly just set some lines.

10. benwebber

benwebber New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    dont act like you kno anything about catchin big fish mr. kemble.... come hang in the burg soon and we will make a trip to truman... catchin some nice fish down that way right now

11. Catfish Levi

Catfish Levi Member

State:
    chillicothe, mo
    i just moved from chillicothe and im gonna miss that river it was channel cat heaven caughts lots of fish outta that river before i moved it was kinda slow tho

12. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Look who it is b web. haha, well turns out im gunna make the trip down and see if we cant pull out a biggin. Ben, you still got the same number? Ill call ya and head down that way one of these weekends and catch a monster

13. Colinkem

Colinkem New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Turns out it was a fairly successful trip. Didnt get any fish big enough to brag about but we caught a whole lot of keepers and the biggest fish being a 9 # channel. Overall fun weekend, dissapointed in the lack of big fish. Had a good time and am lookin forward to gettin out again.