grand river

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by South Grand Laker, Jun 26, 2009.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ive just got back from tennesse, the last past 2 days when theyve had one gate open below pensacola dam, on the grand river we've been hammering the blues and the channels nothing over 10lbs but some good fish all on small cut pieces of shad up in the rocks in about 6ft of water all up and down from big blue to the cottonwood hole

2. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Where is big blue and the cottonwood hole on grand river?

3. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    when you cross the river and go over the bridge like your heading to the golf course take your immediate right down a gravel road and where the road splits and goes back left thats all cotton wood hole from road, i fish it from boat though so in that case you just follow the river down and take the river back up to the left towards big blue which is the big deeper hole behind the big spillways, i haven't fished in the last few days to excessive heat waves, however you can get in the creek there and cool down there it's not quite as cool now that they've shut the one gate off

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Ok, I know where you are talking about. I have fished the mouth of that area where it joins the river. We hammered the sandies there a couple of times at the mouth. Thank you for the info.

5. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    What do guys think the fishing will be like this weekend? I get to come up for 3 or 4 days and I plan on fishing Pensacola. Be bank fishing and I know its not the best, but I gotta go fishing. Caught some c-cats today but none very big. Thanks in advance for the information and hope to see you guys sometime.

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    martin hit me up when your in town, i can find them on this river at any times better then anyone on any given day just let me know when your coming

7. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    Matt I sent you a pm and hope to hear from you. I am gonna try to find bait when I get there Wed afternoon. Then I can fish (from the bank) the rest of the weekend! Give me a yell, I put my cell phone on the pm. Anybody else wanting to find me I will be (Hopefully) camped at Bernice in a big Prowler bumper pull travel trailer. There is a mean woman that goes along with the TT so approach with caution! See yall,