Grand River

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by South Grand Laker, May 1, 2009.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I finally made it back to oklahoma been away fro 2 and a half months, we got about 9 gates open, i went out and got about 12 sand bass up off the cable and went down to cotton wood hole about a mile down river and caught 5 blues, shad's everwhere and the gar and the spoonbill are also, good sign the blues are this far up this early, should get pretty good if we can loose some rain and cut back some water, and the lightening would be good to lose also, gonna put a full day on the river today if possible

2. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Good to hear some blues are on the move. I was below the dam last Thursday and I couldn't catch any catfish or white bass, but I sure snagged the heck out of some spoonbill. I was just bank fishin below the east spillway. The shad weren't to be caught though. The terns and gulls were finding some floaters but the shad weren't in there thick. The shad I've been catching in the lake are full of eggs so they'll be thick on the banks soon. Good luck and keep us posted on the fishing.

3. hellzbells

hellzbells New Member

State:
    mo
    we started out at little blue ,nothing was biting they turned 7 gates on us,we then went to the dam,first time i have ever been there,we fished right off the bank but we never got one bite ,but white bass were being caught everywhere.We saw one guy that was in his boat hooked up to the line ,lost probally a 30-40 pound blue.How is the catfishing off of the bank there?man the lighting was scaring the crap out of me lol.That man that hooked that big cat almost fell out of his boat when a huge boom sounded close to us.but anyways if anyone has fished off the bank there please post your stories

4. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    oh yeah i fish off the bank there , they can be caught usiing the right jigs and techniques, i've fished the cable for years, but you don't need to try little blue until a good while youll be wasting your time, with water or no water, my back yard is right behind little blue, i can see the water from my bluff, holler at me next time around, althought, weve got some serious water pumping now, i'm not gonna even try to get the boat in for awhile