Grand River Update

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by bwanatony, Dec 22, 2006.

1. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Hey all you MI catfishers,

Over the last 10 days, the Grand River has been as much as 3.5 feet higher than it was most all of last summer, and its still raining here today.
    What this probably means is that many old snags & holes will be either improved or erased, and many new ones will appear.
    Oh well, I guess I can force myself to do the neccessary boating & scouting to determine where the 2007 hot spots will be...

May God bless you all with a safe & joyous Christmas!
    Tony

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Tony, the update on the Grand is appreciated. This Spring we will have to get together and see if we can't get this old Fart a fish in the boat.
    From my family to yours, and all the BOC member, a Happy Holiday, and a Great New Year.
    I look forward to the St. Joe trip.
    Sparky

3. jspiel

jspiel New Member

State:
    comstock park michigan
    hey tony-

I happened to see where a tree fell into the river just above the Jupiter St. bridge. it is still anchored to the shore by the root ball but a lot of it is in the river and breaking the current. There should be the beginnings of a good hole there by spring.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the entire BOC Family where ever you may fish.

jon

4. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Jon & Sparky-
    Thanks for the good wishes, same back to you.
    We'll have to do a little run & gun stuff to find the 2007 group a spot or two.

As for the St Joe, everybody better save the weekend before Memorial Day Weekend (not Memorial Weekend itself) for a Fish-Two-Nights-Sleep-Two-Days Cat-Fest. Mark them calendars now!

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Awesome news, Guys.

I look forward to the next season.... and I cant imagine better company to share it with.

Michigan truly is a blesed BOC bunch. You guys make it what it is. All of ya.

-Sal

6. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    My calendar is marked. Do you have a camp site in mind or any type of an early plan?
    sparky

7. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Sparky-
    I looked at a campground on-line, but have not checked it in real life. Since my In-Laws live in St. Joe, I'm sure I'll get a chance to go see it before May.

I do have a plan:
    Fish every possible minute, except when I pass out from being too tired & too full of good food to stay awake. Anyone who wants to follow my plan may do so, or form their own variation of it.
    I'll be sleeping in a tent, and cooking on a big propane stove & a webber grille.
    For a short trip, I can fish three in my boat. For a big night, two is the safe maximum.
    We could look into renting a big pontoon boat if enough folks are interested...
    Then we may not need to rent a campsite!
    Tony

8. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Tony, is that camp ground on the River? It sure would be nice if it was, so we could do a little bank fishin right from the camping area.
    Sparky

9. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Yup,
    Right on the river near Berrien Springs. They have a boat launch, too. They don't have a website, but you can find a map if you look for Shamrock Park under the SW Michigan Tourist Council site.
    I'll have a look at it as soon as I can.

There may be places on the bank we can boat to from the campground that are better for fishing, too.

10. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Just for the record:

I am not ignoring the St Joe trip.... Just soaking it up.... a little at a time.... so I dont get overheated on the idea and head over in february with my poles and frozen bluegills (and a chainsaw to cut "casting lanes" in the river ice.)

Im all for it. Im just taking care of my blood pressure by not getting too hyped on it yet.

LOL