Grand River, Maybe Missouri River at Waverly or any good whole with-in a Hour of K.C.

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by kmcalester, Jun 25, 2008.

1. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    With gas prices so steep at the moment, me and a buddy are looking to do a little bank fishing this upcomeing saturday evening. Not sure were we want to go, but not sure we don't want to go more than an hour from K.C.

Anyone know of so good bank places between here and there(anywhere)?

2. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    If I were you I'd just make the trip to Warsaw, only about an hour and a half from KC and its more of a sure thing than the local rivers in my opinion. Only bad thing is that its usually fairly crowded down there on weekends. With the water they're running out of Truman the fish are going to really turn on in the near future. Hard to say about the MO with the water being so high, might be good, might not. Chris

3. Rusty

Rusty Member

State:
    Spickard Missouri

I live North of Trenton on the Grand River We got from 4-9 inches of rain last night so I bet the Grand will be out of the Question for this weekend. Maybe that will help out a little on where you are going...

4. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    It's tough for bank fishing right now Kevin. What isn't flooded is likely to be deep mud. The Grand is in the process of a near record flood. ccso640's suggestion of Warsaw is a pretty good bet.

5. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Gary congrate's on the PB Flathead, I might just have to try my luck there or go to one of these darn local lakes again.

When are we going to head out?

6. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I hope everything keeps dropping to help us poor bank fisherman.

7. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    With the river getting back to normal how are things out there now on the S. Grand?

8. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    Live near the grand between sumner and chillicothe. I not been fishing it lately becouse of the up and down water. I have heard some people catching some good fish though. the problem you'll have with the grand is finding a spot to bank fish from. most of the public spots suck. if you have a small boat then it is well worth fishing but with out one I would look tards below truman dam it seams to be hot

9. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Thanks I might have to head to Truman.

10. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    the oddesa city lake is good for catfishing its really nice and they keep it mowed with lots of places to set up bank fishing.

it has blue, channel , and few flatheads because i put around 20 in there that i caught out of the river .

its around 150 arces i would guese and deep to shallow.

had my best luck on live and cut blue gills at the dam at the west end of the lake and also the smaller dam at the east in . the coves on the north side usually to mossy but the rest of the lake is moss free.

oddessa is like 20 to 30 minutes east of kc on I-70 just stop at 1 of the many gas stations for directions. its like 4 miles from town.

also you may need a fishing pass it use to be like a dollar or so but when i fished it i would just pay the grounds keeper when and if i seen him out there they easy going people out there i lived in oddessa for 3 years nice little town.

good luck my friend :wink:

11. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have never been to Odessa, need to try my luck.

12. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Kevin if you get to go this weekend good luck brother. Let us know how it goes.

Tom

13. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It would be nice to go this weekend. but with the weather the way it is I just don't think I am going to be able. For any of you that is going to brave the storms, good luck

14. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    Well we can only pray for some good ole weather this weekend?

15. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well I think you will get your wish. The weather man said that the temps should be in the 80's with rain on sunday. I know it will change by then, but looks good now

16. kmcalester

kmcalester New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    How's the fishing down there?