Grand River in Oklahoma?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by Creek6, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    I fished the Grand River from Chouteau Bend to Low Water Damn yesterday 03/27/06. The cats and sandbass were slow. There was little to no current and a lot of wind. Water temp. was 51 degrees. We also tried snagging the Soonbill, but had no luck with them either. It will be interesting to see what the Spoonbills do if we keep the low water levels.

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    where exactly is Chouteau Bend???

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I was at the bend on Sunday. The cooler weather that we had last week drove the sand bass deeper. If you were not trolling at 20+ feet deep the sand bass were hard to come by. The spoonbills were there but scattered I only took two smaller males in the low twenties. We caught our spoonbills south of 412 at the cave and about a half mile downstream of the low water dam. The big females should be heading upstream in the next week or two. The males seem to always seem to be first.

here is the spoonbill I caught for the day

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showpost.php?p=176847&postcount=53

4. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    The boat landings, and trailer park are about 5 miles east of Chouteau, OK. You turn off HWY 412 to the south just before you cross the Grand River. You can access upper Lake Ft. Gibson and the Grand River north to Low Water Dam from the ramp.

5. Creek6

Creek6 New Member

State:
    OK
    Nice fish. thanks for the tips. I intend to hit it again in a week or so.