Grand River Fishing Trip!!!!!

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by Sparky Larson, Jul 9, 2006.

1. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    Well, Don said it all in another thread. We had enough food too feed the homeless in GR. It was a great picnic. Big thanks go out to Tony, who brought the grill, charcoal, and lighter fluid. Not to mention everyone who brought something to eat.
    Tony, put us on a great looking spot on the river, the fish just weren't hungry.
    Maybe we should have dropped in some of those smoked ribs on a 0/14 circle hook.LMAO
    I must admit, this 55 year old body is just not made for an all nighter in a boat. I still haven't fully recovered.
    It was a great time. We saw old faces, new faces, and was even blessed with the presents of Tony's wife and daughter for a short time.
    John Cable stopped by to say hello. He couldn't go fishing with us, cause he had a date on the river with his brother-in-law. From the sounds of his post, we should have gone fishing with them. They caught fish.
    Don't let me sell Don short. A 9 1/2lb channel cat is a great catch. Photo wasn't too bad either.
    Yes, Vic is still MIA! You think the Brother would have made a phone call to one of us, asking to put together some ransome!!! LMAO
    Well, with all that said, I'm going to retire into my Hot Tub.
    Sparky

2. Sparky Larson

Sparky Larson New Member

State:
    Marlette Michigan
    I was just going out to my Hot Tub, when I saw smoke signals coming from the Southern Skies. Let's see, it says,,,,,, Vic Brown is just returning home from a two day Tupper Ware party in Novi. Go figure he isn't MIA after all. LMAO
    Sparky

3. hear_kitty

hear_kitty New Member

State:
    Vassar Mi
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :0a36:

4. bwanatony

bwanatony New Member

State:
    Grand River Valley, Weste
    Heck, I'm WAY younger than Sparky, and I haven't recovered yet either!

It sure is more fun fishing when you catch fish...BUT:
    1. We learned a lot about that stretch of river (progress).
    2. Nobody else on the river that night did well either (consolation).
    3. We got most of the local brotherhood together again (fellowship).
    4. We have a new rule: Don't expect great fishing on the Grand when the water is from 73-77 degrees during the first 2 weeks of July (education).

So, like any fishing trip, it was a success- just not the type we had hoped for. Thanks for coming everyone.
    The next group trip I intend to plan is a weekend down south, in May of 2007.
    Mark your calendars now!

5. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    I used to live in Michigan a few blocks from the Grand...
    Caught lots of fish... never a catfish.

6. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

I like that, Tony. Progress, consolation, fellowship, education.....that IS a success. And when you say "down south" (May 2007) do you mean southern Michigan, or southern US?:confused2:

7. nightwing

nightwing New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I still need to hook up with you Tony! I swear I"ll try to get a time together!