Grand river fishing report.

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by ChadG, Mar 10, 2009.

1. ChadG

ChadG New Member

State:
    mo
    I am new to the website but I have been lurking for a while. To give a little history on what I fish and when here it is.

I fish mainly from twin bridges down to where elk river meets grand lake at paradise point and then back up elk river to the mouth of buffalo creek. I fish for blue cats mainly march till about june 15th then noodle from then till about the 2nd week of july, After that I go to drifting and channel cat fishing. I may slip in a few snagging trips for spoonbill about april 1 but I really get my kicks from fishing for catfish. If you guys are interested I will start giving you some reports on what I catch and try to help some guys out on when the bite is hot in this area.

My first time out this year was friday the 6th of march. I was fishing a little down river from the railroad bridge at twin bridges about 1.5 miles and the bite was not to good. Probably because the blues are just starting to get close to this area on their spawning run. Plus their was little to no current. I caught 5 blues and 1 channel. The biggest was around 6 lbs but a decent catch for a windy day. I caught them all on cut shad. The channel was in about 3 ft of water and the rest was along a bluff in about 20 ft of water. I fished from noon till about 3 so I probably could of done a little better if I would of stuck around till dark but I had other obligations.

I just bought a hummingbird 798 side imaging sonar and I spent most of my day checking out and marking new places to try to fish. It is really awesome and I think it will defiantly help me catch more fish this year, If anybody is thinking about getting one I would highly recommend it. In one trip out I found more structure in deep water that I have drove by for years, that I think may hold some big fish.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hi Chad and welcome to the BOC. Check out the OKLA. rivers section. RudePossum (David) has a post there about a gathering at twin bridges the last part of the month. Perhaps you can make it and meet some of the BOC members. I plan on going

3. Fish Dog

Fish Dog New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to BOC I always look foward to a fishing report.

4. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey Chad. There's a thread for Grand Lake Fishing Reports. I try to post there everytime I go. I fish a lot of the same area you do and a lot south of Sailboat Bridge. We'll all have better luck catching fish if we can trade reports back and forth. Talk to ya later and good luck on the water!

5. Bottomdragger

Bottomdragger New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hey Chad - Welcome to the BOC; like you I have been lurking for awhile, but new to posting. Thanks for your info! I fish Grand quite a bit and look forward to your reports.

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC guys (Chad and Lars). It's gr8 to see we are finally get more members from the 4 state area. I sure appreciate all the fishing reports from the local waters. Man I need all the help I can get.lol. Anyway, welcome and see you on the water. Thx from rudeopossum

7. ChadG

ChadG New Member

State:
    mo
    Thanks for the welcome.

I plan on going to the river again on sunday if things work out so maybe I will have some info for you. We need some rain to get the water up, it has not been this low in a long time.
    I will probably try to make it to the gathering and meet some of you, sounds like fun.