Grand Report 5/8

Discussion in 'MICHIGAN RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKat, May 8, 2006.

1. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Fished just for fun tonight. An absolutely beautiful evening on the river. The fish were cooperating also. Got into about 10 Channel cats from 2-11lbs and one bonus Flathead that probably weighed about 10 or 12lbs. Those Flatheads sure do fight alot different than Channels. When I set the hook on this fish it immediately took about 10 yards of drag. Then it just held it's ground. Channels almost always make a run upstream toward the boat, then come to the surface and roll in the line. Had Gar surfacing all around tonight. Lots of mosquitos too. Turkeys gobbled in the woods behind the boat.

Dan

2. Dave200518

Dave200518 New Member

State:
    Ashley, Michigan
    man, thats awsome. I'm hoping to get into some nice flatheads this summer. Congrats on the fish.

3. RiverKat

RiverKat New Member

State:
    Michigan
    I'm looking forward to some nights on the river this Summer too. I've found some great new spots this Spring that I've managed to scratch some Flatheads out of. Can't wait to hit them at night for the big boys!! Probably be sometime in July when I switch to night fishing. Still looking for that 40+ Flathead.

Dan