Grand Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by goingfishin, Aug 21, 2008.

1. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    I have a friend who is going to go camping at Grand Lake for a week. I told him I would write to you guys and see if you had any advise on where to fish. He is wanting to find some blues. Thanks for any help.:big_smile:

CJ

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    ask him where he is camping/?

3. goingfishin

goingfishin New Member

State:
    Topeka, Ka
    Honey Creek Resort is where he will be staying. He told me that his pb is only 15#s. I figured that a lake that size should have no problem topping that.

4. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    yeah i just yesterday caught a 15.4 hybrid, where catching a few blues in the 20's here this last week

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Does anyone know how the upper end of the lake looks? Wantin to try it between 10 bridge and the mouth of Neosho this weekend? thanks

6. South Grand Laker

State:
    Oklahoma
    no idea for me man sorry hadnt been they way for awhile

7. wildhunter066

wildhunter066 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hey i was wondering if anyone been catching any blus on grand im headed there this weekend probably round elk river or twin bridges. I have been able to find plenty of shad lately but had trouble finding any catfish.

8. speck314

speck314 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Went 9-20,21 fished the deep flat over by Shangra la resort and caught 14 between 3 to 5 lbs good eating size. Would like to try around Dead Island in a couple of weeks. All fish were caught on jugs with hooks at 5' 10' 15' using shrimp for bait only caught fish on the top two hooks.

9. wildhunter066

wildhunter066 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Hit the lake fri and sat night caught 11 fri night they was hammering the bait they averaged six pounds a piece. Sat night they was off caught 6 biggest maybe 3 lb and biting like channels. Anyway had a great time and got a mess of fish still searching for the big boys though.

10. catfishfever1

catfishfever1 New Member

State:
    kansas
    if u have a boat i would drift if i were u i have been drifting everyday for about three days and i have caught over 120 fish