Grand lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by CountryHart, Apr 18, 2008.

1. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Are there any ramps open around the upper end of the lake? I usually put in at hwy. 10 bridge. I know the water is bad high and i'm probably just wishful thinking. Thanks

2. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    john i am looking for some info on that part of the lake if you dont mind shareing. i am wondering if a guy could head up from the 10 bridge into elk river and do any good with jugs and drift fishing rod and reel. i am also interested to know if there are netable shad in this area of the lake ? thanks in advance.

3. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I haven't heard if they are catching anything up there OR not. I need to call the man that owns the marina and boat shop there at the bridge. As far as shad go, i've never had problems catching bait. You can catch perch by the truck load along the bank at the dock. I caught some really nice fish in that area of the lake last year. Also the wind doesn't get as bad as it does on the lower end.

4. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    thanks for the info. the wind not getting bad was what i was wanting to here. i realize it can get bad anywhere but i was hopeful that there was a little more shelter there. i think im gonna soak some jugs there pretty soon.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Rex, when i get the turkey huntin bug aside, we'll load up and i'll show ya some stuff some weekend. I know the boys that own the dock and camp ground. May not catch any thumpers but we'll catch a mess of fish. Grove report said today, cats was rippin it up in shallow water in front of the willows, in about 5 or 6 foot of water. No really bigs ones but good eatin size fish.

6. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    there you go again ,showing all my spots i showed you.:smile2::wink:was suppost to keep it between neighbors:wink::tounge_out::smile2:

7. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Now now,,,ya know i wouldn't sell ya out. I found several spots of my own. I give credit where credits due however,,,ya showwed me how NOT to throw a cast net.:smile2: If ya don't get a sticker on that leakin ole boat ya got, ya need to sell it for salvage while the price is up!!!:eek:oooh: JK, i'll pay for this in the end, lmao.

8. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    talking about a mans boat is kinda like talkin about his momma!:crazy:ya just dont go there.:eek:oooh::roll_eyes::cool2::tounge_out:.its all good i still have a couple of honey holes,and buy the way "CAN I BARROW YOUR BOAT?":big_smile::wink::0a24::cross:

9. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Well borrowin a mans boat is like borrowin his momma. LMAO:confused2: I'm sure we can werk something out. I know,,,U buy my Okla. tag and 1/2 the gas and we'll go:cool2: It's time, layin all jokes aside.Hopefully the waters not over your bed/picnic table.:smile2:

10. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    bed/picnic table? I KNOW YOU AINT TALKIN ABOUT THAT ONE TIME:smile2::sad2::eek:oooh: youknow the old sayin"WHAT HAPPENS AT GRAND LAKE, STAYS AT GRAND LAKE.:wink::roll_eyes:

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    My bad, i know it's a memory your trying to suppress. Dang it got cold that nite:eek:oooh: Congrats on your tags and this week we'll clean the fuel system an fire that lil jewel up and run it.

12. ken_hawk

ken_hawk New Member

State:
    Halstead, Kansas
    I'm planning a trip out to Grand Lake this fall once I go back to school at Pittsburg State and I was wondering if anyone could inform me as to how the catfishing is around august-october on the lake.

13. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    i can find them usually all year round, if i'm around which i'm sure i will be look me up and well go out and catchem

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Has anyone been driftin any? I just seen on corp. site, the water was down to normal pool again. I would think once they quit pulling it as hard, the bite should turn on.