Grand Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Jacob W, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Jacob W

Jacob W New Member

State:
    Arkansas & Oklahoma
    Hey Everyone,

Just curious if anyone here ever fishes Grand? My dad and I went jug fishing for the first time over memorial weekend and had a blast. We caught about 23 keepers, a mix of blues and channels, a crappie, and one gar that by the looks of our jug was gonna be a hawg. That gar was running with our jug and submerging it and all kinds of good stuff. Boy were we dissapointed when we pulled that guy up. Oh well, it was lots of fun. Our biggest cat wound up being an 8 to 10lb blue, not huge but still a lot of fun. The let down of the weekend was that we started with 8 jugs and by the time we finished up (1 1/2 days later) we were down to 4. We lost one jug immediatly, it was like it vanished, very bizzarre.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Jacob, your dad and you just missed a great opportunity to find out about fishing in Northern and Eastern Oklahoma. We had a gathering of people who are very knowledgeable about catfishing at Keystone Lake, near Tulsa. There were, I believe, 138 people in attendance. Different fishing techniques from the different geographical area of the U.S. was discussed, a lot of it centering around jugging. This gathering is always held the first weekend in June, coinciding with the free fishing days offered by the State of Oklahoma. You missed a great opportunity, but we will be back next year...LOL Stay on the site and join in the conversations as they prick your areas of interest... you will benefit from the exposure.

3. zoelife

zoelife New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC jacob..My wife and I,Carolyn,usually fish at bernice bridge for cats..Although sometimes we fish the elk river.

Usually have pretty good luck at bernice..And as always,looking for other places as well.

Peace and Plenty,
    Kevin

4. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC. I fish Grand almost every weekend and a couple nights a week. Glad you enjoyed you're time there. We usally stay at bears den resort.

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Keystone OFFICIALLY had 129 members,family,and guests present and a GREAT time was had by all.

6. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Welcome to the BOC, Jacob! Seems like there's always something biting on Grand Lake :lol: Happy Fishin!

7. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Hey Jacob, I fish Grand a lot, you really have to watch you Jugs, I use very large ones that are floresent pink,. You have the wind, current and the big waves to contend with. The lake is so large, I have left Jugs over night, and found them 4 miles down the lake with fish and with out. It is a great lake, with lots of deep water, and big cats.Hope you enjoy the site as much as I have Bob S.

8. Jacob W

Jacob W New Member

State:
    Arkansas & Oklahoma
    Thanks for the advice. We lost 4 jugs on our very first outing. My dad had a guy call him that had found one in the back of a cove...it was 8 miles from where we set them. I couldnt believe it.