Grand lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by catfishcrazyjr, Aug 17, 2006.

1. catfishcrazyjr

catfishcrazyjr New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    where is the best camping(tent) or cabins that are right on the water so i can fish all night and any info on boat rental in the area would be great or just info on the best side to be on i am going sept. 1,2,and 3rd are any other brothers going to be out ther?

2. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Long's Resort at Grand Lake has good sometimes great fishing and boats for rent. Cabin 5 is for 2 people & is on the point, Cabin 11 is for a family and is on the point.

Attached Files:

3. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    cabin 11 at Long's. This is a nice family place. Swimming dock and fishing dock.

Attached Files:

4. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
    rivrbunny can you make the pictures smaller!! they took all the space on my machine LOL:lol:
    looks like it'd be a good place to camp and fish ...........

5. Gentleben

Gentleben New Member

State:
    Huffman, Texas
  6. rivrbunny

rivrbunny New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Thanks for the information on the pics. On my computer they look normal but I have pics set to auto re-size (sorry). Long's is a great family place to go. The White's own it and have owned it since I have been going, about 20 years. I don't get to go often, but it is always great fishing and swimming. They used to rent boats but it has been a year or 2 since I have been to Long's. From the deck of cabin 5 or 11 it is easy access to the fishing or swimming dock and you can sit out there in the evenings and watch the Cherokee Queen (paddle boat) go by. It is close to that antique village (I forget the name right now) but if you like history it is fun to go see. The cabins are fully stocked with cooking stuff. All you need to bring is your fishing gear, food (I buy when I get there in Grove), clothing, and paper products (unless you want to wash dishes-I don't when I am vacationing). Neat clean cabins, excellent accomodations for the price. The White's are really nice and sell minnows at the office if you are crappy fishing. There is a sink for fish cleaning in the fishing dock. Hope you have a great time if you get to go.

7. Cutshad

Cutshad New Member

State:
    Newalla, Oklahoma (Shawnee)
    If you want to camp, Bernice State Park is right on the water. I have stayed there a few times and it was nioce. There is also a fishing pier by the bridge.