Grand Lake

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by TDawgNOk, Aug 15, 2005.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Grand Lake O' the Cherokees
    Mayes County, 13 miles SE of Vinita, OK
    46,500 acres
    Shoreline: 1,300 miles

Grand Lake provides exceptional recreational facilities at 5 state parks around the scenic shoreline. Fish species found include largemouth bass, white bass, channel catfish, crappie and bluegill. Spavinaw Hills Games Management Area, located only a few miles south of the dam near Spavinaw Lake, covers more than 13,000 acres. It is managed primarily for deer proliferation and hunting is permitted during special seasons.

Attached Files:

2. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    the new site looks great. Has anyone been catching channels or blues from the bank? I hven't had a chance to get out and try so i was wondering if anyone has had any luck. Let me know something please.

3. ozarkum

ozarkum New Member

Any of the old jugger's doin any good? I'm looking to see if Patrica Island, is producing anything. Dennis

4. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I have a few buddies at work there in Joplin , Mo that live on or around Grand Lake, and the reports they are giving me are that their jugging as well as rod fishing successes are improving...especially around the sailboat bridge are and the mud flats around bird island just down from there. Nothing huge....but a few 20 and 30 lb blues/whites here and there in the deeper water close to the bridge...with mostly fish ranging from 2 - 3 lb up to 10 - 12 lb. being the norm around the flats. Cut shad, perch, shiners, chicken gizzards, beef melt, and crawfish are producing the best...with shad getting the bigger fish. As far as fishing from the bank...I hear the rip rap around Bernice bridge is still producing lots of channel and a few straggler blues.

5. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    caller thanks for the info, I live about half a mile from sailboat bridge and haven't been out to fish it in a while. will have to try and net me some shad and give it a shot also.

6. ozarkum

ozarkum New Member

Had a good day juggin a patrica island area, we set 30 jug's let them run for about 6 hour's and caught 8, largest was 15 smallest about 3, turned up one 10 pd. channel, but the kicker for the day, I battled one for awhile with the jug goin down then popping back up 20 ft. away, when I finnaly thought he was wore down, and as I pulled the line up he exploded and broke my 80 pd. line. Always makes a good story, for the one got away file.

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Nice catch!!!
    Hate to hear that one like that got away, but, just fuels the fire to keep on as you know there are bigger fish out there waiting.

8. Rippin lips

Rippin lips New Member

State:
    Springdale Arkansas
    BOYs IM back
    and better than ever Going to woop on some cats on friday night

9. ozarkum

ozarkum New Member

Glad to see you made it Joe, there's alot of big shad, in the cut on the west side. Dennis

10. ozarkum

ozarkum New Member

Anybody gonna be around Pat. island, twin bridges area tomorrow? Fixin to launch my new boat, and 20 jug's, if you see a blue and white trihull with a good lookin blond aboard give me a yell. Dennis :rolleyes:

11. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Will it be you in the white trihull or are you just looking for one with a good looking blonde in it?