Grand lake - Where are the Catfish?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by okiecop, Nov 11, 2005.

1. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Has anyone had any luck on Grand lake as of late? I have not had a chance to get a line wet in a long time. Was wondering if there were still any cats to catch. And if so where in the heck can a guy catch them. Any news will be helpful.

2. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I do not know if you are still interested in fishing since it has gotted pretty cold, but my partner and I were at the lake last weekend, we were fishing with jugs, but caught our limit, with fish up to 13 pounds. Lots of blue cats, no chanels. If you need more help, or information, just let me know, We go about every week. : :0a26:

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Are you guys useing floaters or permanent jugs? How deep are you catching them?

4. okie_kat

okie_kat New Member

State:
    Eufaula, Ok
    Welcome Jugginman. Are you fishing the river or midlake? How about posting a profile so we can get to know you. Are you planing on coming to the gathering?

5. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I will try to get a profile done this week. I have fished from the dam all of tehe way up to sail boat bridge. I am using floating jugs, most of my jugs in the summer I have at 30 feet, the colder it gets, I add more line on the top. Right now my Jugs are at 50 foot deep. I am putting 10 Jugs out at 90 feet, with 3 hooks, 58, 68 78 feet. We put them out Friday, Had over 40 fish, most in the 4-15 pound range. Saturday only left the 90 foot ones out, went out Sunday, and had 16 fish on. All of them over 8, largest 18. We are puting our Jugs just off the River Channel, year round.

6. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    jugginman, look me up some weekend brother. I live just south of sailboat bridge and i may not be a jugger but I'd sure like to give you an extra set of hands if you need them.

7. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I WILL TRY TO GET WITH YOU REAL SOON, THE WEATHER IS A LITTLE COOL THIS WEEKEND, BUT I WILL BE BACK UP THERE SOON. THEY TELL ME THE COLDER IT GETS, THE BIGGER THE FISH GET, I AM NOT SURE I CAN HANDLE MUJCH BIGGER, GETTING TOO LARGE TO EAT. HA HA. :0a23:

8. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    juggin brother if those cats get too big for you too eat I'll take'em off your hands for ya.

9. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    I'll be down at grand lake this weekend staying at my uncles house in Grove. He says the water is way down and it's only about 10 feet in his cove. He doesnt have his boat in the water anymore, so i would be bank fishing. I was wondering if the cats have gone deep there yet, and if you think they'd be in 10 feet of water. He's in Wolf Creek by the way.

10. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    just wondering if anyone has an update about the fishing here on grand. I know it has been real windy as of late. But if you have been there and gotten anything let the rest of us know.

11. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    I was up there and fished 6 hours on the 2nd. only caught 17, nothing big, the wind has kept me off the lake since. My fishing partner is having back problems, but we should be back up there next month, will try to get in touch with you, and see if you want to meet us. :001:

12. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Bobby,

Don't forget to place your marker on the member map, more than enough room for both of our markers in Owasso.

Do you ever go up to skiatook or oolagah? Have ya ever tried to jug the navigation channel?

Have you checked out the thread about the Keystone Gathering in June? If not, here it is: http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1369

Looks like there is gonna be over 80 people there, and it should be a blast!

13. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Not sure right now if i can make the keystone gathering or not. I have got to see where i end up on shift rotation and what days off i get. If possible i'll try and make it.

14. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    juggin, just let me know when bro. you can put in at barker's which is just a block from the house if ya want too or i could meet you somewhere.

15. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    I was talking with a guy today who was going back up tomorrow to snag for spoonbill. I thought it was a little too early for that, but he said he caught several yesterday. The were snaggin them down at sailboat bridge area. He said they were all over the graph and the were easy pickin's. I guess they are slowly working there way upstream but not yet up to the twin bridges area. I've notice in years past when there's no current they will hang back until current drives them farther upstream. They will stay in deeper holes until the current comes. It still seems a bit early though, we haven't had much of a winter. Warmer than average temps may be pushing the upstream a little quicker this year.

16. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    looks like i may have to go and buy a snagging pole and all. heck with sailboat only a half mile from the house i need to try it. i wonder just how far can a guy cast a 5 oz. treble hook?:huh:

17. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I can cast a 5 or 6 oz snagging rig over 100 yards using a 10' Ugly Stik and an Ambassadeur 10000 spooled with 40 or 50 lb mono. We routinely throw all the way across the Neosho river in some spots.

18. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    A couple friends from work live in the Sailboat bridge area. They both have been catching some nice blues drifting around SB Bridge using jugs and rod/reel. Chicken gizzards and shad are producing for them.

19. Midwest Drifter

Midwest Drifter New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Keep us up dated on them blues. A guy at the tackle shop showed me some pictures of some nice ones caught this winter. Would like to get down there this spring, and do some catching.

20. Tulcat

Tulcat New Member

3 weeks ago my buddies caught and cleaned 30 blues at Grand. They were jugging in Honey Creek

2 weeks ago we caught a nice blue on a jug new Bad Island on a jug we had place while out looking for spoonies.