Grand Lake Ice Conditions

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by grandfisher, Jan 14, 2010.

1. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Wondering if anyone knows the current ice situation at Twin Bridges or around Grove. I'm sure there's an ice free boat ramp around. If not, it won't be long.

2. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    I just drove down to the Patricia Island ramp to check. The lake is still frozen over for as far as I can see right up to the shore line. It's probably going to be a while before the ice melts away enough to get on the lake down here.

3. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Roland. I was afraid of that. I gotta get on the lake somehow with this nice weather. I can't hardly stand it! I may have to bring out the ole ice choppin axe.

4. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    I'm with you as well with the old fishing fever getting up, I'm wanting to try to find some Crappie. A friend of mine has been catching a few in his heated dock in Flat Rock Hollow.

I have to pull the wheels off the boat trailer tomorrow and take them to Walmart for new tires. I'm also going to start getting the boat cleaned up ready to go for when the ice melts. I have to replace a couple of the bunkboards that rotted out on the trailer as well. Might as well take advantage of this nice weather, hopefully the cold is behind us.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  5. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    I've got to replace the wheel bearings on my trailer. It's a good time to do some maintenance. Maybe we'll be able to hit the water soon.

6. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Still frozen as far as I can see from the top of Sailboat Bridge.......GRRRRRR!

7. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks for the update Jeff. This nice weather is really driving me crazy. Come Thursday or Friday, I'm going to try to find some water or some thin ice. I'm at least going to pull my boat around a little. That might make me feel a little better. Really appreciate the updates and keep'em coming.

8. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    there should be plenty of boat ramps to get out on the water, just don't fish the coves obviously, and most of those are all melted out now

9. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Thanks Matt. I'm going to try it tomorrow I think.

10. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    yes, i haven't been since atleast a few days before christmas, that's alot longer then normal, i'm getting the fever, i was only supossed to be building a couple of decks that then turned into a full remodel inside, so i'm working all i can, why the gettin is good, hopefully one of these weekends will be nice enough for me to get back at