Grand Lake & Hudson

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by South Grand Laker, Feb 17, 2009.

1. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    For the last past week i've fished prett hard for the blues, regular spots, new spots, same tactics old tactics, even some experimental jugs which i don't do very often only when i can't find the fish for nothing, i've been completely skunked on the last 3 trips, fishing the lake and river on all occasions, have trouble finding shad the first 2 trips so used the unconventional baits for me such as perch, drum, thought that may have been a reason, the last few days i have found the shad, but we also have a shad kill goin on now, the birds are full and arent circling like they were before the kill, i'm imagining the blues are pretty full right now as well, and i just can't seem to find them on the early morning or late evening feed, i'm not having any trouble locating the shad and fish on the locater they are there, just can't get any bite out of them. I don't always share good reports so i thought i'd share a bad one and see if anyone else is having as much trouble on their lakes or waters that they fish, thanks alot hope some are having better reports then me,

2. grandfisher

grandfisher Member

State:
    missouri
    Hello and sorry to hear about the bad luck. I just got back from fishing at Twin Bridges. I've been the last three days and the shad are more scattered than they were a couple weeks ago. The fish I was catching also moved. I've been doing a lot better fishing shallower water. about 6-15 feet. I caught about 30 today on rod and reel. No big ones. The biggest was about 9 lbs and about a 15lber got away. I haven't been fishing down on the lake since December but I bet the blues are heading for shallower water. Since the bite is good up at Twin Bridges in the rivers, I would figure it would be real good below the dam. Anyhow, I hope they get hungry for ya.

3. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Grandfisher-

4. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Grandfisher - Move down lake to just above Sailboat bridge into 15-20' of water around Greys Ranch area. Some friends of mine are doing quite well there the last 3 days. He had several over 15#s including a couple over 20.

5. healthydrink

healthydrink New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    I think we had a Shad kill on Oologah a few weeks back noone was catching any species of fish on the lake. but the last couple times I been out the Blues are feeding again. It will get better for you in a couple weeks. It did for us.

6. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Yeah the shad kill has definatly hurt instead of beniefing the bite, it wasn't the case last year for me, and the fishing below the river has been non excisting, sand bass haven't even came half way up, i'd a thought somewaht close with the full generation we've had for the last week, to much wind and water , so needless to say i've been crappie fishing caught 28 yesterday and double limit today and 72 today, just to make sure im still a fishermen, haha i havent crappie fished in a few years, good to know i'm still capable of hammering the slabbers, here's a few pics of some over the 2lb mark

Attached Files:

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Blues are hitting pretty good on Ft Gibson. Go to the creek mouths with moving water. Whole shad 3"-4". 6-10ft of water