Grand lake fishing?

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by outdoorsaddict, Aug 18, 2009.

1. outdoorsaddict

outdoorsaddict New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Any one been to Grand lately? I am headed that way Thursday. Hoping for a little up to date info on catching some cats. I know folks are catching whites pretty heavy right now jigging spoons but haven't heard any news on catfish.

2. pphillips

pphillips New Member

State:
    OK
    i was around the area by the sailboat bridge. fished for about 5 hrs & caught 5 small blues & 1 drum. lots & lots & lots of shad around.

3. wildhunter066

wildhunter066 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Fish right under those white bass an d u wil catch cats. Catching lots of cat on the spoons along with the white bass

4. outdoorsaddict

State:
    Kansas
    The whites were in the same pattern a month and a half ago. I was catching 80-100 sand bass and 10-12 cats each time out jigging spoons. Best one was 10 lbs and broke off once.
    Was hoping the brutes were biting somewhere. Guess a guy can hope for a lot of folks cleaning fish at the fish cleaning station. Always seem to do well with guts a couple cranks off the bottom below them when they are being used heavy.

5. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    I've been catching the white bass around Bird (I thinks it's called Bad Island on the chart) Island and Patricia Island, they are hitting best just around sunrise. You will find them south of the light house in 15'-20' of water. I caught my limit last Saturday in about 45 minutes, only quit when I lost my rod & reel in the water. I didn't catch any Blues this trip but I was hoping. I caught an 8# Blue a week ago spooning for whites south of Patricia Island.

A guide who was fishing with clients near us said he's been catchin 15-20 Blues every time he goes out for white bass.

I'm going out before daylight Saturday morning just to try just for Blues. I talked to a guy this week who caught several Bluse just south of the channel that separates Patricia Island from the mainland. If you're out that way Saturday morning I'll be in a 15' Aries bass boat, stop and say hi.

Jayhawkokie
    Grand Lake Oklahoma

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Where is the dam at grand lake? Is it good fishing there?

7. outdoorsaddict

State:
    Kansas
    The dam at Grand is at Langley/Disney Oklahoma. You can mapquest it. Fishing is good below the dam out of a boat. Not sure off the side. There is a tremendous amount of current.

When the flood gates have been open a couple weeks the fishing is amazing as they shut down. The fish really get stacked up in a couple holes back in there.

8. LazyBum

LazyBum New Member

State:
    East Tulsa, Okl
    Thats when a bait deployment boat comes in handy...Ya can get those little jewels to take your baits where ya can't quite reach casting.

9. jayhawkokie

jayhawkokie New Member

State:
    Grand Lake Oklahoma
    There is a pretty descent State Park camp ground below the dam and they have a boat ramp there. You have to be aware when the alarm sounds and they open up one of the generators.

Jayhawkokie

10. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You wont' have to worry about any sirens or any water being released from any of the gates, and even when they do the parks are still accessable, the river right now is good and usally always is, we can get our limit of blues just about everyday now from the cable