grand lake fishing report

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by jugginman, Dec 2, 2007.

1. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    Well, If youcan catch a day when the wind is not blowing at gale force winds, with white caps in the cove much less the ocean size waves when you get out on the main lake, you can acturally do pretty well. I took a friend last week when we had 2 days with winds short of gale force. Set the jugs out late afternoon, was back at daylight to pick them up. Bearly beat the wind, but we caught 37, kept 22 from 3-26 pounds. The larger fish are definately deeper. I had my Jugs set @ 90 foot, with the first hook at 80, 70, then 60. Caught them at all depths. Stay safe, warm and hopefully dry. Try taking picture of the big ones then take a picture as you let it go...Happy holidays to all:big_smile:

2. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    I'm just curious, but how many jugs did you set out? And what kind of bait were you using?

Thanks,

Bill

3. jugginman

jugginman New Member

State:
    Owasso, Oklahoma
    hey bill, we had 20 Jugs set out @ 50 feet, and 10 set @ 90 feet. I use the same bait 12 Months a year, Turkey Franks from Wall mart. Straight out of the package. In the winter I cut each hot dog up into 4 pieces, summer 5.

4. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Thanks Bobby,

I appreciate the information. Nice to learn that someone is using Turkey Franks....and catching a lot of catfish.:big_smile:

Bill

5. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Old Bill ... are you speaking "frankly" about this topic? OOOOOOHHHHH sorry, I could not help myself.

catman george

6. Old Bill

Old Bill New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City

Hummmmm! I can see that I'm going to have to be verrrrrrrrrrrry careful around you guys!!:wink:

Bill

7. skeetermagnet

skeetermagnet New Member

State:
    Edmond, Oklahoma
    :eek:oooh: Oh George, that was really bad

8. catman george

catman george New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Jamie.......gimme a break its the best I can do on such short notice.:big_smile: I'll try harder the next time. Crappie hitting at Canton in 12 feet. A couple buddies caught 37 in 3 hours all running 12 to 14" this morning before 10:30 AM. Weather was so bad that the guys said the water splashing on their buckets was freezing and icing over.

catman

9. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK

That's sounds like a bad joke told on Jay Leno or something, except we don't get to here the rim shot from the band after it's told so here ya go.

http://www.ilovewavs.com/Effects/Music/RimShot.wav