Grand Lake drift fishing

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by seaark ryan, Apr 10, 2008.

1. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I am from NE KS and was wondering what the water temp is around Grand Lake and if anybody was starting to drift on the shallow flats 20 ft and shallower? Thanks for the help!

2. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    We, have been since the start of march, water levels been up and down, high 747, creek beds are up again

3. seaark ryan

seaark ryan New Member

State:
    Kansas
    what is your water temp at ours is still about 49deg on the lakes and when the sun is out it will hit 55-59 on the shallow flats 0-4 feet. our shallow bite is starting to slow up (winter kill shad are gone) that is why I was asking about drifting. I don't normaly start till the end of the month. thanks for any info

4. South Grand Laker

South Grand Laker New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    our shad kill has been done and gone for probably about the same, month anda half or longer, the flats and creeks are around the same, where getting ready to get flooded out as we speak, they opened up the gates hard core again, expect hudson and gibson to release alot tonight

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    hudson had 3 gates open all the way, and 1 part way. Let me tell ya, that water was crankin!

6. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    On my way into work they said Grand had 8 gates open plus full generation at the dam.