Grand Lake Bank Fishing

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by swmo guy, Mar 2, 2008.

1. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Can anyone tell me some good fishing spots along the northern parts of Grand Lake? I am new to catfishing and trying to get some good spots! Thanks for any help...

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome to the BOC gary. I fish the upper end of grand quite a bit. There is a camp ground and marina at hwy. 10 bridge that some great folks run and you can fish from the bank if ya don't have a boat. Last year I caught alot of fish in the area drifting the flats.

3. dobbie

dobbie Member

Welcome to the BOC Gary.You might try Conner bridge on the Neosho.They closed the bridge to vehicle traffic after the flood last year.

4. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Welcome to the BOC Gary. I fish under sailboat bridge ( a 10 min walk from the house) us fat boys need a bit of excersice. lol. Used to fish under cowskin bridge from time to time. The state park at bernice is pretty good also. Haven't really tried honey creek much since it's hard to find any access or i just haven't found any. send me a PM and maybe we can get together and find a cat or too. Always on the look out for a new friend or two. Besides you may know a good deer hunting spot. lol.

5. big papa

big papa New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    there are lots of spots around here some of favorites are conners bridge, cowskin bridge on the northwest and east side,(home water there and i know there are alot fish there) twin bridges i do better on the spring side during the and the neosho side in the evenings and the bernice bridge are just some of the spots. the others are just to hard to explain how to get to and some may take a few hours of walking to get to the right place

6. sowslayer

sowslayer New Member

State:
    california/nebraska
    I am comming in on WED to go snagging and jug fishing and just wondering where the spoonies and cats are now. Any info would be great we are staying on the lake by Lee's Resort.

Thank You!!!!

7. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the BOC im sure you can find people on here than can help you

8. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    I'll be at Bernice State Park from April 16th to the 22nd. Anyone close, come by and say Hi.

9. dobbie

dobbie Member

Mike I'm 2 miles away so i'll stop by and see you.

10. dobbie

dobbie Member

Toby if you have a boat I would try the Twin Bridges area for spoonbill.For bank fishing I would try the park in Miami.If the wind is not blowing to hard I would jug fish around sailboat bridge with fresh shad.You might stop and talk to the guys at the spoonbill cleaning station and ask them some information.

11. swmo guy

swmo guy New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for all the great replies and good fishing spots. I have been snagging at the Conner Bridge and will certainly try some catfishing there also.

12. okiecop

okiecop New Member

State:
    Grove, OK
    Mike,

I drive past the Bernice state park every day on my way to work. It would be nice to maybe leave a little early and meet you. It would be great to be able to learn some tips and tricks from you.