Grabbling Lake Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Shrimp Man, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Not that I would ever attempt Grabbling, I was curious does anyone Grabble Moultrie ?

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I don't like hand grabbing at all but if somebody wants do it, I say please do it at Santee. I mean whats a better place to get rid of the guys hand grabbing. Between the gators and cottonmouths they should be taken care of the way GOD intended.:smile2:

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i seen my dad jump in one day in the middle of the lower lake to save a rod and reel and he said he had a fish but i never seen the fish.:lol: he got the rod though. i wouldnt of jumped myself either. he asked why i didnt drive the boat back and get him. i said why didnt you stand up, you was only in 5 ft of water.:big_smile:

4. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    You want ever catch me swimmin or grabbin or anything in either of those lakes.Unless I have to and I hope and pray that that never happens.There is actually a group of grabbers in Goose Creek that was tellin me about grabbin in Moultrie.I just shook my head and told him how crazy they was.

5. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Michael,
    That was a funny story, Thanks for sharing it with us, I lost a rod last year in about 40ft. of water over by the dam, I was sick, It was an expensive rod and reel, But there is no way I was going in after it.

6. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris,
    So there is some people here that Grabs Moultrie, I would have to say I am surprised with the amount of snakes and gators we have.

7. Indigo Flats

Indigo Flats New Member

State:
    Lancaster,
    From what I have read the bite of a cottonmouth is very serious!

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    You can loose a lamb to bite. I'm not going to try and find out first hand though.:big_smile:

9. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    If I cant get one on the rod-n-reel than I will just not have to catch one. I grew up catching alligators on both of those lakes with my father and I dont want anything to do with them in their territory.

10. roundhill

roundhill New Member

State:
    kings mtn
    me and tommy are going over to the hatchery this spring to try it out just as soon as i can talk him into it or maybe we can convince the foxhound to hes an old swamp man.

11. catfishing365

catfishing365 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    If all the rods and reels in the world just disappeared, then yes, but until then I'll stick with OLE ABU.

12. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    ron you might need to give tommy a little push to get him started.:lol:

13. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Roundhill,
    I'll be there to support you and Tommy, Heck I'll even bring a cannon to give you some backup, But NOPE I'm not getting in the water.:lol:

14. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Ron
    Ill just stay in the boat and be the lookout......somebodys got to be left to tell the folks what happened to you guys when one of those 50lb alligator snapping turtles grabs hold. I do know some good places up in those cypress swamps to take yall.....I bet i could get some good video of you and Tommy wallering around the base of those trees !!!! Hell......let it warm up and we can load the beer cooler and go to it.....dont need all them fingers on both hands anyway !!!

15. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    If you see me doing it, that beer cooler won't be very full. :big_smile:
    I'd like to hold Roundhill by the heels while he grabs hold of a 40# flathead, but I don't have any plans to put my hands where I can't see.....
    That Ron, he's always trying to volunteer me for something. hehe I volunteered for a fight once, but after getting back from 'Nam with all of my important body parts, and most of my brain still functioning, I quit volunteering for anything.

16. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    Who wants to be called Nubby?

17. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    i think people that grapple are crazy but man would i like to try it

18. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I did it one time when I was about 14 on the Rocky River here in NC. I got a flathead about 20 lb. Man was I an idiot. Next week, I was wade fishing in the pond behind the house and stepped out and right in a nest full of cottonmouths. It felt like someone hit me in the leg with a baseball bat when those things got a hold of me. Thank the Lord I had on some tough waders and none of them got through. I ruined a $100 bass rod beating them off of me. Wish I had that on video. It would get ya' $10,000 for sure. And, oh yeah, you ain't gettin' me in the water in Moultrie or Marion. Last time I was there, I shined a spotlight across th cypress there getting back into Blacks and there was red eyes everywhere. I guess we all know what that is..... 'ol Mr. Croc. no way!!! see ya

19. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Chris,
    Snakes get my attention more so than gators, Heck I won't park my boat under any tree when I'm fishing during the summer. NOPE not me.

20. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    Back in my bass fishing days, I had a cottonmouth try to get in the boat with me one time. About ruined another good rod that time too! I used to shoot them out of trees with a .22 with rat shot back at home. That was fun. And yeah, I hate snakes too!