Grab it and run

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by dcconrad, Jul 3, 2007.

1. dcconrad

dcconrad New Member

State:
    ohio fairfield county
    :confused2:just thought i would share an interesting experiance with you guys.
    i was doing some channle cat fishing at hargess lake yesterday. given em the slipbobber shrimp combo and was doing pretty good. nothing real big but catching them non the less.anyway i am sitting there waiting for the next fish and along comes this guy in a boat. He casualy pulls up next to my bobber and puts it in his boat along with the bait and the rest of my rig and starts pulling away.
    i yell at him to inform him that i was using that and we have a few words back and forth(i about swam out to his boat)i did get my rig back but he was very reluctant to give it up.
    has anyone else had this aor a similer experiance?

2. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    seriously? man that is insane!! i have never heard of anything like that b4. did you get the guys name? aound here you could get shot for somethin like that.

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

That or an 8 oz bank sinker upside the head!!! :eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:
    Thats just a bunch of BS!!! That guy had no respect or class! Lucky he didn't get an a$$ whoopin'!!! I'm disabled and in pretty rough shape but there would have been a fight on with someone messing with my stuff! Ask and i'll share...Take it and we got a problem!
    Sorry you had to run into somebody like that!!! :sad2:

4. 72hdflh

72hdflh New Member

State:
    West Salem, Ohio
    Amazing, simply amazing!!!!

5. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver Member

State:
    Ohio
    I don't want to sound like a jerk....but, that is really a funny story. I mean, I would be upset at the time, but after the fact, that is really freakin hysterical.

Sorry to laugh...

6. tkbiker

tkbiker New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Man it had to be hard to stay on the bank......:confused2:!!

I agree with John .. the biggest sinker i have right to the temple LOL!

Ive seen plenty of people getting bobbers and stuff out of tree's that were stuck there but to do what that guy did is just uncalled for!!

7. impak209

impak209 New Member

State:
    Toledo, Ohio, U
    wow thats insane

8. greatthosu

greatthosu New Member

State:
    AZ.
    That is insane. You should have set the hook on him.

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    you need to take a paintball marker with next time & light em up when they do junk like that. I had some old man the other week with his grand kid with. he saw I was fishing. its broad day lite and I had two poles standing up in the air. he kept getting closer and closer. when he ran over my line infront of me, catching my line and eventually cutting it in the trolling motor, I lost it. told him if he's too old to drive a car like he is he's got no right driving a boat either and that he's endangering the kid too. he blamed the wind for pushing him in. I use boats alot. he made no corrections in stearing his boat. he turned it around went to the dock.

10. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    There is an awful lot of stupid around...W

11. Ol Whiskers

Ol Whiskers New Member

State:
    Fairfield Township, Ohio
    dcconrad,

If you can read the Ohio reg numbers on his boat, turn him in to ODNR, at least call the local police with his numbers. It might sound petty, but he would have some explaining to do.

12. r_p_narramore

r_p_narramore New Member

State:
    East KY
    That's crazy. When he started picking up my rig I would have given a good jerk.:wink:

13. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    stupid people should not be able to breed. I would have set the hook:0a10:

14. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    man the nerve of some people , couldnt imagine anyone picking up my float lol and if they did they would remember it for a long time not to mention cary a scar after i set the hook in their hand

15. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Fish On! I would have set the hook as soon as he picked it up. If he played dumb and acted like he could not see me fishing, I would have returned the favor by setting the hook in him and playing dumb like I got a fish. I bet it would be a long time before he picked up a float in the water!

16. Spencer_Blanton

Spencer_Blanton New Member

State:
    Franklin, Ohio
    My thinking is that the fellow would have been overcome by a religious experience (spontaneous baptism).

17. catchinghogs

catchinghogs Well-Known Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I cant believe someone would do that. I would of loved to set the hook on him.

18. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    kinda a funny story, i fished a spot in downtown dayton and there was a rowing club that had little to no respect,, after they rowed over my lines a couple times,, next time they went by i made a perfect cast right over their boat. the line was right in the middle of the 7 or 8 rowers. i reeled and my large piece of cut shad got caught on the opposite sire of the boat. i was jerking on it too make it hard for the guy who pulled it off. My dad and i have never laughed so hard. the next pass by they were right on the opposite bank.. problem solved!:big_smile:

19. Cajun

Cajun New Member

State:
    Kolin, Louisiana
    That is one reason I keep my 9mm close by when on a outing cause this day in time you never know what kind of nut you are going to run into, Including me I'fn a fool is stupid enough to mess with my stuff that I've worked hard to aquire.......you might want to do the same

20. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I have read a lot of post but this one has to be the funniest one I have read in a long time. You are a great sportsman for not swimming out there and smacking the crap out of this guy. Now me I would of kicked his A$$. and swear That he fell over board and I was just helping him back in his boat via the escape hatch located on the side of his boat.