GPS rail mount for Lowrance puck?

Discussion in 'Boat Modification Journal' started by stlcatman, Mar 4, 2008.

1. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Does anyone know where I can get a rail mount for my gps puck? I have the 3000 model Lowrance puck and I saw a picture of a guy who had one mounted on a grab rail on a center counsel. I searched the internet and came up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated.

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    I think that you are talking about the gps receiving unit... I just put mine on a piece of wood and put it on my dash board.....put two pices of wood together and drill a hole and "sandwich" it on the rail...... or piece of wood and pipe strap clamps for pipe... then tie wraps to where needed...

hope this helps.... Bayrunner ray

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Here is a picture of what I am looking for, it looks to be a pvc or plastic cone that has a mount for a rail on it and then I can zip tie the cord to the bottom of the rail and run it down the side.

[​IMG]

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thanks Willie, Randy sent me one of those by pm and that one there is about 1/2 the cost. I think it will work I just need the cone to attatch the gps puck base to and that cone will screw on that rail mount.

5. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Ok now where do I find one of them there cones? I know some people got them with their fish finders but mine didn't come with one. I think Cuz said that his came with one of them. I guess the newer ones don't come with them.

6. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    mine didn't come with one,i just called lowrance and told them what i wanted...thet sent me the cone,and the SS clamp,i think i payed around $30 for both....

Attached Files:

7. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    I though yours had the cone in the box when we installed it. If not, you can have mine. I'm not using it. I'm sure we can Fab something up that will look nice and work for ya.:wink:

8. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Man I love this place. Thanks guys problem solved and I shouldnt have to drill anymore holes.:roll_eyes:

9. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    WHAT??????:embarassed: I was having fun drilling holes in your boat!:smile2::cool2:

10. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Gary thanks for the cone buddy, I finally got here fixed up today and it is acquiring a really strong signal now. I bought the rail mount at cabelas for about 15 bucks and It seems pretty sturdy.

[​IMG]