GPS mapping

Discussion in 'Catfishing Videos' started by dredgeman, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dredgeman

dredgeman New Member

State:
    n.c.
    has anyone tried the map creator 6.3 for their gps? trying to decide what to buy . need some advice please. i have a ifinder h2o:angry:

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Dredgeman, I contacted Lowrance about their program, and I understand that they are comming out with something new for 2007. I wanted to get the 6.3 and it was not avial at my local store... wait and see, I do not have any exper. with it... from what Ive heard, they might be ok if your a "land person" (hunter)... fishing may be something else.

bayrunner ray

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ray is right. I have mapcreate and it is ok for land-based use, but for fishing the lakes and rivers, it isn't much help. Navionics hotmaps premium is probably the best option for inland fishing. Very few mapping programs give more than very basic river details.
    I'm not sure how you plan to use your gps, but you can go to the lowrance website and get more info on their coverage. I had a long talk with a lowrance rep yesterday at a boat show, and I can tell they don't have a real good grip on consumer needs, in my opinion, just depend on the mapping services to provide them stuff. :big_smile:

4. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Yes I have. The marina threw it in with the purchase of my boat. For Christmas I bought myself the NAVONICS Gold + card. Alot more detail, shows water depth, the bottom contours are colored and more detail in general. Pricey at $199, but worth it in my opinion.