GPS for Lakes Badin and Tillery

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by gearhead, Oct 8, 2007.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    What is the best unit and software/cards for badin and tillery are there some more detailed than others for these 2 lakes. Dose'nt seem like much out there for these lakes. I don't need a split /combo just the GPS what do you guy's recommend. (THANKS) jeremy

2. Pier Pressure

Pier Pressure New Member

State:
    Mt.Pleasant,NC
    High Rock is the only yadkin lake that has a chart as far as I know. Even the paper maps don't have much on them but the lake contour. I have heard there was a depth map of Badin but it is out of print. If we ever get a BASS event on badin I'll bet we would have a chart lol.

3. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    I have a photocopied version of the topo. map for Badin. It is pretty decent. Got it from a friend a couple years ago. It is some help, but doesn't seem to be as detailed as other lakes though. If I remember I'll bring it to Badin and you can have a look at it. see ya

4. Rookie12

Rookie12 New Member

State:
    Kannapolis, NC
    sorry, didn't realize that you were asking about depthfinders too. I've got a Lowrance LMS-480M and it works well for me. There are so many different models out, that it's hard to tell which one is best for you. Buy the best you can and learn how to use it well. That is most important!