Gps/fish finders

Discussion in 'Fish Finder Review and Study' started by gaggymitchell, May 22, 2009.

1. gaggymitchell

gaggymitchell New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    I was wondering if any of the newer models gps locators will allow you to
    load the gps info of a particular lake on to your computer and find the
    best looking places to fish, at home before i ever even get to the lake.
    If so what make and model.Or can you buy gps lake maps to work on your p/c.?
    If so you have a link to it?
    Thanks Bill

2. 1mickymoo

1mickymoo New Member

State:
    Edgerton, Kansas
    I know for lowrance you can buy software ready made and they offer something called mapcreate, never used it though.

3. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    You can create waypoints on the computer and transfer them to the finder with an SD card on a Huminbird. You can use Humminbird PC, which is a free download after you buy a humminbird finder. You can use google earth to make the waypoints. If you want to look at the navionics lake maps on your computer and make your way points that way, you have to by the reader that Navionics sells. The chips are protected and only the reader Navionics sells will read them and display them on your computer. I believe it is called NavPlanner.

4. gaggymitchell

gaggymitchell New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    So at this point in time lowerance or eagle does not have any models capable of this Right? They are local here in my state
    Thanks Bill

5. Grimpuppy

Grimpuppy New Member

State:
    Concordia, KS
    If you are running a Novionics chip in a Lowrance or Eagle, it will be the same. You can get the NavPlanner and view the maps on your PC. I don't know much else about Lowrance but I am sure there is a way to mark waypoints on the PC and transfer them to your finder. It pretty much standard with all the newer finders that have GPS.