GPS coordinates for Lake Moultrie

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by screamnclickersc, Sep 8, 2006.

1. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Does anyone have the GPS coordinates for sunken island on Lake Moultrie?I had them in a handheld GPG that I sold-I know about where it is,but it can be tricky to find.

2. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jimmy, I'm not sure which island you're talking about. If you give me an idea where it is, I can get the #'s from my hot spots mapping program for you. Post of pm some more info and I'll be glad to help you out. There are several spots that could fit that description.:smile2:

3. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    If your talkin about the one near Warwick swamp.It is 33 20 10.3 80 03 02.7 This is another one in the same area 33 19 18.6 80 02 04.4.Theyres also hazard markers out there too.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I have a map that gives GPS coordinates for all kinds of things in Lake Moultrie.

5. screamnclickersc

State:
    S.C.
    Thanks ChrisBlue,the first set looks like the right position on the map.I remember a stump with a pole stuck in it on top of the island.

6. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i dont know if its the one your talking about but there was one to the rt of marker 23. stump with a bar sticking out with a red cone on it but havent seen that red cone at all this year. maybe it moved in my head but i sure havent seen that thing this year. is it still there?

7. screamnclickersc

State:
    S.C.
    I fished Moultrie with a friend a couple weeks ago and seen the stump & pole,but I didn't see a red cone either.I thought they was a fish attractor in that same area,but didn't spot it either.Marker 23 seems right because we usually come into the channel markers at 20 to run into the canal from Bonneau.There is a nice long dropoff off 20 also.

8. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Jimmy, I've seen a white pole marker in a stump, but it is nearer (east of) the first coordinates that Michael gave, which would make it n-w of bonneau beach. Don't recall seeing on with a red cone this year, though, in the area right of 23. See if this pic will help you any. The contour lines may not be too clear. If so, I can email you a larger one.

Attached Files: