GPS antenna fried?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Ictalurus Punctatus, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    Yesterday while I was out I glanced down at the sonar and it read "GPS Device not Detected". The position display was flashing also. I scroll through the options and sure enough, nadda on the GPS, no breadcrum trail, no electronic compass, no waypoints, nothing. I turned the unti off and then back on, and it's like a GPS was never hooked up to it.

I checked all of the connections when I got home and couldn't find anything. Is there something else that I could check? The unit is a Matrix 20 by Himminbird. Is this something that's common? Would it be worth the effort to replace the antenna? Anyone have any experience with this?

Jon

2. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Call humminbird customer service, they should be able to help troubleshoot the problem.

3. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yea, I had a similar problem with my lowrance unit.... fishing a lake and all of a sudden same prob..... on... off...on....off ..... we were fishing close to vandenburg air force base and I think they zapped everyone close by.......later..... several days later it was ok..... could have been a connection prob.... but I've had the same thing happen by LAX airport.......... call the company.... and tell em...

bayrunner ray

4. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Is it a separate antennae or built in.If its separate there should be a fuse in the line.Mine blew once with the results you described and all it took was a new fuse.