Govoner Bond Lake in Greenville

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by drcwaynem, Jun 21, 2006.

1. drcwaynem

drcwaynem New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Someone here in my office told me about a lake called Govenor Bond at Greenville. Have any of you fine fishermen done any good at this lake? I figured that if it is a good lake for catfish, heck, even bass, I would have heard about it by now. Would love to hear your thoughts!!!

Wayne

2. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I know several people that jug that lake and always catch a bunch of nice catfish. If you have a boat they require a full years past to put it on the lake.

Another good lake of channels not far from there is vandalia lake. It has a real good bunch of cats in it. Vandalia is about 20 minutes east on RT 70 from greenville.
    Good luck.

3. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    sorry about not getting the chance to reply sooner. Gov Bond lake in greenville has a very good stock of catfish both flatheads and channels. they are always being caught there I have heard of a flathead that tipped the scales at over 50 pounds this year so far. I have not had the chance to fish this lake very much. my brother and his girl friend fish it alot and they always come back with some nice ones.
    Vandalia lake has some real nice channels in it I have caught many a fine fish out of that lake up to 12 pounds but I have never caught a flathead out of there so I dont know if there is a very big population of them or if there even is any in the lake.
    Bondman

4. bondman

bondman New Member

State:
    Vandalia, IL
    before I forget both lakes require that you have a city sticker on your boat before fishing the lake. you must have insurance and I think you can get a one day pass at vandalia lake near the boat ramp. both lakes are patroled by local law enforcement.
    Bondman