Gotta Love this Judge

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Mutt, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    In Florida, an atheist became incensed over the preparation for

Easter and Passover holidays and decided to contact the local ACLU about

the discrimination inflicted on atheists by the constant celebrations

afforded to Christians and Jews with all their holidays while the

atheists had no holiday to celebrate.

The ACLU jumped on the opportunity to once again pick up the

cause of the godless and assigned their sharpest attorneys to the case.

The case was brought before a wise judge who after listening to

the long, passionate presentation of the ACLU lawyers, promptly banged

his gavel and declared, "Case dismissed!"

The lead ACLU lawyer immediately stood and objected to the

ruling and said, "Your honor, how can you possibly dismiss this case?

Surely the Christians have Christmas, Easter and many other observances.

And the Jews--why in addition to Passover they have Yom Kippur

and Hanukkah ...and yet my client and all other atheists have no such holiday!"

The judge leaned forward in his chair and simply said

"Obviously your client is too confused to know about, or for

that matter, even celebrate the atheists' holiday

The ACLU lawyer pompously said "We are aware of no such holiday

for atheists, just when might that be, your honor?"

The judge said "Well it comes every year on exactly the same date---

April 1st!"

The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

- Psalm 14:1, Psalm 53:1

2. Rainman4u2

Rainman4u2 Guest

I like that one. Thank you.

Ray

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    very, very, good!:thumbsup:

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Since they are godless creatures maybe he should have given them Halloween, LOL!!!

5. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    LOL yea give em halloween but the problem there is even the people that worship the devil believe in god aithest's dont. lol

6. SusquehannaCats

SusquehannaCats New Member

State:
    New York
    So what are we calling the people who judge people because they dont believe in a god? Open your minds..Not everyone has the same beliefs as you wether it be spiritually or culturally..

Just a thought

Burbs

7. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    your not reading things right a non believer in god is a aithiest. so whats the problem?

8. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Don;t worry about the ones that don;t believe.As soon as they think or know that they are going to die,they start praying.Now I admit,I can only judge by the ones I have seen.I don;t know a thing about the ones that I did not see.This is one dead man that ain;t taking any chances.I don;t believe,I know,that God is here for me..I pray for each and every one of us every day,and I am thankful for anyone praying for me.I would like to ask all to pray for me,believers or not.If one does not believe,it should not hurt to pray.I will not give up on anyone,whatever they believe.Thanks peewee-williams

9. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    oh i dont worry about them but i am sure tired of them pushing thier crap down our throats these days. never seemed to bother them in the past but the past year or so they got a wild hair and are gonna change the world and try to push thier stuff on to others. well me i have my religon that i pratice i dont push it on anyone but if someone wants to listen ill tell them i have other religons that come to my door i just say no thanks and close the door. the aithiest used to do the same just ignore what they dont believe in now they push thier ideas onto everyone including the school systems oh i can go on but i aint. to the ones that enjoyed the original post thanks.

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i really liked the story, but i wouldnt call anyone a fool for what they beleive in. however i will call someone a fool who tries to forcefully change someones faith, no matter what that faith is! because someone doesnt beleive in God doesnt make them a bad person, i know some atheist's and they are some of the nicest people i have ever met. but, even though others may look down upon them gives them no reason to attack, and try to abolish their rituals. by the way.....check out the number of post's ive made:D hmmm? lol

11. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    It makes me no diference whether a person believes or not, I pray for everyone irreguardless. I wish that all did, but I won't try to force my beliefs on them. I will just pray special for them each day....and may God Bless us all.

12. SusquehannaCats

State:
    New York
    An ATHEIST..is someone who does not believe in the existence of a god. There are many diffrent religions with many diffrent gods. I for one do not believe in a higher power. When I am on my death bed I will hope that I will go to a great place but I will never pray for that. I for one believe in the theory of evolution..for those of who do believe in god then you do not believe in that theory correct? I am a man of scientific proof. If someone can show me the proof of god then I wil gladly believe..but until the I will continue to be a skeptic.

Thanks for listening.

Tony

13. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Outstanding! These godless hethans need to come over here for a little bit. The first time they get shot at I am sure they will be praying.

"Aint no athiest in a foxwhole!"

MAJ D

14. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Howdy Maj D...hows the Rat Patrol goin?

15. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Well...I think we have those insurgents on the run. We havent seen any in a while. All of the land mines are loaded and ready but we havent had any penetration in the lines lately. I am sure there are some spys around but they are real sneaky! I might send out a counter intelligence operation just to have some intell.

MAJ D

16. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I don't suppose that means ya can go fishin in that river over there yet then huh?...LOL:rolleyes:

17. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Hmm kinda contradictory here if you believe in evolution how can you wish for a nicer place?
    show me proof that there isnt a god then maybe I will believe different and many others. there is not a evolutionist out there that can provide proof to convince as far as I am concerned.Me I know I will go to a better place and that is because I have faith I believe and I am proud of it and will tell the whole world. Ill pray for you and hope one day you see the light and get to live in Gods love and light and beofre your on your deathbead hopeing he takes you in.

18. SusquehannaCats

State:
    New York

So are we saying your god loves all this bloodshed? The killing of innocent children in his plan? I am not against the war and I am not for the war. I wish you the best but trust me there are plenty of people over there who dont have the same beliefs as you. This is the problem with the world today. Way to many people thinking they are right with their religous beliefs. If people didn't open their minds we would still have slavery. If people continue to have these views we will continue to have holy wars across the earth.

19. SusquehannaCats

State:
    New York

I agree Merle, now show me the proof of god other than the Virgin Mary on a grilled cheese and I will be more than willing to listen. I believe there is a place we go where we die but it has nothing to do with a god. People are equal to me there is nobody above or below. I would never criticize someone for their beliefs because obviously it is their opinion. Im not trying to cause an uproar just giving my humble opinion.

Thanks
    Tony

20. Mutt

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    I have not seen where anyone said they wee above your or below you. everyone is allowed to thier opinions and views thats what makes this country so great. Can I show proof of God well let me see I look around me ever day and see proof with the trees nature etc. I look in the morror and see me if it wasnt for God I would be alive due to several things that has happened in the past. Its called faith I have it i cherish it and i will always cherish it. I personally dont care weather a person believes or not thats thier right and they just get added to my prayer list.