gotta love fishing in the rain

Discussion in 'KENTUCKY RIVERS TALK' started by Cattoo, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    it's been a while since i have posted anything about my fishing adventures mainly because i have had to work so much this year and if i had some time off i couldnt afford the gas to go! well, i finally got to go yesterday and it was well worth the wait! i took a vacation day from work and even though the weather was nasty i wasnt about to let that stop me. got down to the river around 7:00 and it was p-pouring rain. i usually get there before daylight so i can get my spot on the bank but working 2nd shift i had to sleep or least try to sleep a little. anyway when i pulled into the parking lot there were already a few vehicles there. i was really surprised, guess i'm not the only diehard. as it turned out they were all sauger fishing. too bad for them but great for me. the sauger werent biting at all but the cats were on fire. caught my first blue in about 15 minutes and they never stopped biting! i wound up catching 9 blues. the smallest was around 5 and the biggest was 19. i kept 7 of them, i released the 19 and another one that was 13. i probably missed 5 or 6. i fished til around 12:30 and they were still biting when i left. i hate to leave when theyre biting so good but i was exhausted. another amazing thing was i only had to re-rig twice. i didnt get a real big one as i usually do in november but it was well worth the trip. caught them all on cut shad. anyway i got to get off here and clean some fish, i was just too tired to mess with em yesterday so i just left em on ice for a while. here is a pick of the 19. peace.

Attached Files:

2. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Good report Keith.
    If you had stayed home watching it rain you would never have known they were biting. More power to ya...W

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Sounds like it paid off. Congrats!
    Thanks for the report.

4. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Good report,good fishing.What bait were you using?
    Jake

5. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    great to here someone had a good day. around here things are mighty slow lucky to get a bite:sad2:

6. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Congrats on a catfilled day of fishing! I need one of those again real soon! :eek:oooh::roll_eyes::smile2:

7. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Congrats on some good fishing. Thanks for the report and good luck in the future