Gotta keep it nailed down if you want to keep it!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by psychomekanik, Mar 18, 2007.

1. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yesterday was proof for me that if you have something you want to keep, you have to have it nailed down, anchored, or safe-guarded somehow. I'm staying with my girlfriend most of the time. but i still have my own place. yesterday i went home to get my lead pouring equipment. skillet, skimmers, torches, molds, etc, etc. and i could'nt find it. considering i could'nt find the bucket of lead ingots that was with it, i assumed i had moved it. but no, i finally figured out where it went. a few weeks ago we had a really bad wind storm. and my neighbor called me, and told me my shed blew over. it's an old tin shed ready to be replaced anyway. it was 10:00 a.m. when she called. i went there on my lunch hour 2 hours later, uprighted it and patched it up for the time being. well i dont remember seeing it then. it the 2 hours it took me to get there. someone went through my stuff and found the equipment, liked what they seen and carted it off. along with the nearly impossible to move bucket of cupcake sized ingots. do people go through life like vultures waiting for the opportunity to pounce on someone elses misfortune? i grew up with my grand-father, and my kids were raised the same. not only would I, or my kids stay out of the stuff, but we'd tell someone else to get out of it if we seen them. someone had to see them. but, all the neighbors are silent...i dont know what to think about this world we live in. Sorry, i just had to vent that out...

2. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    its bad mark , i cant stand a theif , at work over the past few weeks someone has been stealing clothes lunch boxes even eating other peoples lunches . the bosses say when they catch the theif their going to make him wear a jacket that says so on it , if i catch him im breaking his hand . in other countries if your caught stealing they cut off your hand .

3. Hope

Hope New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Vultures is a good description, Mark. Opportunists, always watchin for an easy take - something they might like or be able to use or sell. I believe they know better, they just don't care. Sorry you lost your stuff.

4. SwampCat

SwampCat New Member

State:
    SouthEast Alabama
    Mark and Charles,Just wanted to say, I feel where you guys are coming from.My parents and I have had almost the same problems as you guys.My father had a massive stroke a few years back,while he was in rehab and my mother was with him alot of the time,someone went in their shop and stole several thousand dollars worth of tools and fishing equipment.No one said anything about who did it.At my job,someone has been steeling food and other things also.I agree with Charles on how to deel with people like this. I remember growing up and my parents never locked the doors on the house at night or when we would go out of town on a trip for days.If you do that now,you would be lucky to have anything left.

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Master meatcutter John just happened upon a good deal on this kind of stuff. You should check into it. LOL!!!

6. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    A good 80 to 90% of the time you get ripped off from your home, it is someone you know.

7. pythonjohn

pythonjohn New Member Supporting Member

State:
    F L A Swamps
    We had a problem at work one time with our lunches being ate.
    We made a alligator foot samitch.
    You should have heard that thief when he bit into it.... YEEEEE OOOHHWWW !!
    There was no problem knowing who it was then.
    He didn't steal any more after that we made sure of that!
    Darrel Mcgruder Is a thief!

8. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    I can't stand a theif!!
    About 8 or 10 years ago, some theifs stole all my tools I had in my tool box on my truck while I was fishing on Degray Lake in broad daylight. Called the cops and thay never found the tools. About 2 years later I got chosen for jury duty on a robbery case. Well I was still mad about having my tools stolen. The defence attonry asked if any of the jury had had any thing stolen from us, Of course I raised my hand and told him what I thought of thiefs. And you know thay didn't want me on their jury. I can't imagine why?:lol: :lol: :lol:

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Chuck,
    Get some Fleet's Phosphor Soda and put a 3-4 of tablespoons in a bottle of soda. When the guy takes it and drinks it you will soon know who it is; he will be spending a LOT of time in the Porta-John...W

10. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Exlax chocolate chip cookies works good too.

11. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    There is nothing lower than a thief, unfortunately to much of this Sh***t
    goes on everyday. Too many honest people are targets because they work for a living and have work schedules, thieves take advantage of their
    routines.

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Locks are used to keep honest men honest. A thief will break in regardless. Sorry to hear of your loss. I've worked in law enforcement for years and I can tell you this. "Once a thief always a thief" all they need is oportunity.:lol:

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    sorry you had your stuff ransacked , sure does sweem like someone would have seen something.i would like to think i have a neighbor that would watch out for me and not to watch for when im not around.
    we look after our neighbors and hope they do the same for us.
    richard has the right idea charles .
    take and have someone you know ( if you dont bake good ) bake some good brownie mix extra rich duncan hines and put cubes of exlax in it spaced out every square inch of
    of the pan. if you know for sure some of the guys are definantly innocent clue them in , then put them in your lunch box and put a sign on sayin to stay out of my brownies you will know the culprit cause he will have crapped himself or will be begging to go home before the day is up.:lol:

14. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That sucks Mark, sorry to hear about that.

15. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    SORRY TO HEAR THAT . IT'S A SHAME WHAT PEOPLE WILL DO JUST FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING SOMETHING CONSIDERING A LITTLE HARD WORK AND TIME AND THEY COULD PAY THE STUFF THEM SELVES.

16. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    I hate a sorry thief. About 15 years ago, my uncle's house caught on fire while him and my aunt were out to dinner. The house didn't burn down and there were a few salvageable things left in there. After they got home and talked to the fire dept and made their report they came to our house to stay. Him and my dad went back over there ( they only lived 5 minutes away) some sorry SOB went in and stole everything they thought was worth stealing.