Gotta get somethin off my chest...

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Aug 28, 2007.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    and I'm always hearing how one is suppose to write their feelings out,so I'll type mine. I'm a lil peeved tonight cause a neighbor lady who is 79 needed some help tonight with her grandkids.She's as straight and honest as they come. I have Bible Study with her on Monday nights and she has expressed how much she enjoys me taking the time.Shoot I don't mind I love to be able to do it.Well I got a phone call from another neighbor lady and she was wanting details cause she gave the elderly lady $15.00 for gas in the car. There is a very much needed Doctor's appointment to attend in the morning.So anyway I get this phone call,and I flat out told this woman,cause I teach her too; gossip is wrong. I said " Look I admit I know something is going on behind the scenes but I said I'm not telling you cause it is confidential" I just hate Gossip with a passion. I told her just because you see a picture does not mean YOU KNOW about the entire picture and you should not presume you do know,ya may find out your wrong. Thanks I had to say that so I can sleep tonight!:angry:

2. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    Many of the otherwise finest people in the world are the most horrible destroyers of families and homes through gossip.I do believe it is the widest door to hell,as it has to be to handle the volume of folks who will be using it.Anyone who passes on something that they were told in confidence or tells "white lies"is untrustworthy and a lier.I have never met anyone that I have known in my 62 years that that did either,that would not lie about anything that suits them.They will also lie about their lieing to themselves and everyone else.If you hear gossip,do you go ask the person that is being talked about?If you don;t you are helping the backbiting,lieing and dishonest people that make up tales to hurt people that they dislike and envy.Do gossips like you?If they do,that says everything about what kind of person you are.If you ever want to know what gossips are saying about you,just listen to what they are saying about others.Walk off and it is your turn.Thank you sweetheart.I respect your stand on gossip.We all have done it,That don;t make it right.I love you Brothers and Sisters.peewee

3. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    things these days get blowen out of porportion because of gossip. i asked my gradma once, "what is the secret to living a long life" her reply was,"minding your own biz" so i do when gossip starts it changes from person to person ect..... till someone's life is so uncomfortable some no longer whant to live it. thank you for your post. food for thought for all!

4. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Do not repeat anything you will not sign your name to.

5. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn

John, that is great advise. One way to stop folks from telling you their gossip is to take out a small pad or notebook and when they ask what it is for, tell them you just want to get it right so as not to tell others wrong and who said it and when.

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    haha i bet you never need to sharpen that pencil.:smile2:

7. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    way to go pat , now we all feel like the second lady:eek:oooh:

thanks for keeping us out of the circle .we wont sleep tonite while you are
    in deep slumber:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. Angelkitty

Angelkitty New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    I know first hand about it. Trust me thats why I do not talk to my family. It's like the color is red and when it gets back to ya did ya hear about so n so sleeping with? There ya go.
    Pat i am glad ya typed that off your worrys. We are hear as a family on the BOC, that you can talk to. I love this online family. Good Day.:big_smile:

9. bwhupp

bwhupp New Member

State:
    Belleville
    I agree with PB on this.

10. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Am I wrong or was this post gossip also?

11. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I never mentioned names and I won't mention names. It was me expressing my feelings about gossip is all. I t hurts people all I was doing was talking to my BOC Family!!:big_smile::wink:

12. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Ephesians 4:29 – “Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.”

1 adialect British : godparent b: companion, crony c: a person who habitually reveals personal or sensational facts about others2 a: rumor or report of an intimate nature b: a chatty talk c: the subject matter of gossip

I had to think about this post before I could respond. I find that I do, indeed, gossip. However, I do not relate anything that would harm another person.

For example...

I have a friend at work. We have known each other for 5-6 years. I've been with her through a lot of lifes trials and successes.
    She had been married for only about a year to her present husband when they found he had stage four lung cancer. Talk about devastating news.
    Now these folks are Christian. Prayers were abundant, even between us in daily chat. Thier positivity in God's will was unbounding. Six months after the diagnosis, with the help of prayer and medical treatment, he was found to have NO signs of cancer. I'm telling you this man was pronounced "terminal" and they could find NO signs of cancer!

Okay.. my "gossip" doesn't stop here. He has been cancer free now for almost a year. The chemotherapy, they were told, would make it impossible for them to conceive a child. Well, you guessed it. She is pregnant! They are just overjoyed. I do believe that she and her husband share a true miracle. And, when it seems like a good thing to do, I share it! By definition it is gossip.

I do not, however, enjoy the sharing of a nature that is harmful to others. That is what I believe Ephesians is speaking of.

I understand what Pat is saying. She is right. Gossip for the purpose of being "nosy" or hurting someone is just wrong.